November 11, 2013

Excuse me miss, do you have any advice for me?

Me? Why would you want advice from me? Nobody ever does.

I do.

Why?

Because who else can tell me what to do better than someone who has nothing but regrets?

Okay. So what do you want to know?

Should I stay or should I go?

What will you regret more?

I don't know.

Then you should stay, until you know.

Or should you go until you're sure?

Either way will do, I suppose. Either way you lose a little bit.

What do you lose?

Something. It depends on how much there is to lose. Do you play cards?

Sometimes.

Then think of it this way. When the cards are dealt, you have a choice. You can fold, or you can play. And as the game progresses, you still have the choice, you can fold or you can play. If you fold now, you go home with some of the money and some of your pride. If you keep playing, you stand to win everything you've ever wanted, but you stand to lose more than you can afford to lose. You stand to lose your soul.

You didn't answer the question. Should I stay or should I go?

It's not mine to answer.

Who can, then?

:)

1 comment:

Meenah said...

The most important question of them all. And my answer would always be... Stay. Stay, but know that you made this choice, and if you lose it all, it will still have been worth it because you got to play the game a while longer.

Gar bazi ishq ki baazi hai, jo chaho laga do dar kaisa
Gar jeet gaye tu kiya kehna, haarey bhi tu bazi maat nahi