October 3, 2013

What do you do when you're sad?

I watch a brand new episode of Greys Anatomy, and get even sadder because hospitals-with-people-dying combined with all that emotional turmoil generally tends to aggravate the situation. I tune out the world, refuse to pick up phone calls and generally decide to hermit-a-while as I indulge in over-think. I embrace self-pity with gusto and remind myself of all the reasons why I should be perfectly justified in believing that the little-patch-of-sky on top of  my head will fall-down right about now. I think about all the bad things that have happened to me, and all the bad things that will probably happen. Which is interesting, because then the sadness factor multiplies. While I'm sad about the past, and the present I become sad about the future as well. I sink deep into the depths of my unhappiness I lose myself in the grey-black-monochrome of my current mood-swing.

In a nutshell, when I'm sad, I decide to wallow in my misery.

What do you do when you're sad?

1 comment:

The Me. said...

I for one eat a lot, watch something that moves me and then go to sleep.
Most of the times I wake up feeling a lot better.