November 24, 2012

If Pakistan believed in shrinks, there would undoubtedly be many disorders I would have been diagnosed with by now. And if I believed in couch-confessions, there would be much that would be fodder for a nice rich psych-file. Perhaps its a good thing that the profession of ensuring-mental-health is severely underrated in the Islamic Republic. It allows all-us-crazies to maintain a comfortable illusion of pseudo-sanity. Or maybe we feel 'ok' here (as opposed to not-ok) because there are so many out there whose threshold of insanity far-far surpasses ours.

Whatever it is, when on board a ship of crazies, one may as well sing-along and dance with gusto to the tune of the mad. It's the only way, really, to have some fun! :P

5 comments:

Saad F'akhtar said...

I'd have quite the healthy file of your unhealthy obsessions if I had kept notes.

shahrukh said...

Quick question for you, are you familiar or have any contact with a reputable micro lending organization in Pakistan?

Nina said...

haha! you make me smile :) love your spirit!

Xeb said...

Boid: Thankyou for the free therapy! :P

s: yes, email me at xainabk@gmail.com

N: :)

Maryam said...

I'm both. The shrink and the crazy. My clients had fun with me.