August 8, 2012

After months of agonizing, yesterday, I finally broke up with the boyfriend.

Today, I feel like an amputee.

It's strange is it not that to be in a unhappy relationship is still preferable to the yawning, gaping void that accompanies the realization that he's not there.

Truth be told, I feel no lonelier than I've felt for the past six months while I've been IN this relationship, but I feel incredibly sad. A mind-numbing, all consuming sadness that comes when you know that you have no more hope left, that things between you will not go back to what they were, that it IS over, and this is goodbye.

Good-bye my friend, for the most part you were absolutely amazing. I'm going to miss you more than I can begin to imagine.

But that is what life is all about, I've been told. Everyone is a passenger in the same bus. The only problem is, everyone has different stops - and it seems like you had to get off now.

Sigh.

6 comments:

Aneela Z said...

meh.. My Oberon, what visions have I seen!
Methought I was enamored of an ass-much!

There is a quote about something something coming in when false gods leave but for the life of me and my Ramzan-addled if I could remember it. but it means all will be`well pretty soon

Aneela Z said...

"ramazan addled brain"...see what Im against?

Xeb said...

ass-much! *chuckle*

Aneela Z said...

UP AGAINST. dammmnnnn

cynicalutopian said...

I am sick of the stops and the intermissions between hello/goodbye/hello and whatnot! I swear life reminds of a remitting relapsing disease and I very very sick of the whole thing sigh!

Xeb said...

I hear you. And I wish it was different too.