Did You Know?
- Chili prices in Indonesia have gone up ten-fold. Given how integral chili is to food, this is a problem as critical to the lives of the ordinary Indonesian as the sugar prices are to Pakistani's or onion prices to Indians. And no, apparently chili-sauces are not a suitable alternative to the real thing (and shame on you for suggesting it).
- In England, from 1550 to 1800, a horrible creepy head-mask like the one below was used to punish 'rude, clamorous women'.
- Canada is apparently rationing internet bandwidth. From what I can piece together from some very pissed off Canadians, service providers are authorized to charge users obnoxious amounts of additional money if they use the internet beyond the rationed amount. Who-would-have-thought?
- That Bilal Khan will be on Coke Studio in the coming season? Way to go! :D Looking forward to hearing you rock-and-roll in May, my friend.
- If you begin a post on Feb 10th, and publish it on Feb 12, blogger posts it under Feb 10? I'm not sure how this discovery is going to affect my blogging habits, but its something to know. Haina?
- Sa has a list of favorite Urdu words. I have one too. 'Suno', 'Na (as in the last bit of Haina)', and 'Kameenay' top the list, I think. What are some of yours?