January 27, 2011



I love my readers. For most of us who choose to bare our souls on HTML, it's people who read (and subsequently comment) who keep us going. For the past months where I've been slipping off the blogdom, I've had people cajole, threaten and bully me into coming back. Not that it's worked very well, but I've (very much) appreciated the effort. I realize I'm a little devoid of inspiration here. I'm sick of writing about the marital prospects (another one popped up out of the blue, in case anyone is interested). I'm sick of writing about family pressures (another little cousin got engaged, I am officially both the lost cause and the ultimate challenge - it's exhausting to say the least). I'm tired of whining about work (which I'm struggling with in an effort to derive more meaning out of what I do) or about leftover grief (which, I'm sure, get's older for you than it ever does for me). The bottom line is, I think I've run out of things to talk about. Like old lovers, my blog and I seem to have very little left to say to each other. So help me out here, those-of-you-who-want-to-talk-to-me-still, what shall we talk about? Or shall we just look into each other's eyes, realize this isn't going anywhere and just call it quits while we're still friends?

9 comments:

Aneela Z said...

write about the Life and Loves of the people you you encounter..I quite liked your profile of your maid. Just write about the people no one writes about any more.

SaJ said...

Its against the rules, but...Tumblr? Try it.

Eirene said...

maybe we should just take a break. meet new people. seek new inspiration. reunite when we both have better perspective? :)

Anj said...

don't go! I loved some of your poetry, maybe get back to that?

shahrukh said...

Write about your day, dinner, breakfast, your drive to work. Not every post needs to be a Pulitzer price entry. Just my 2 cents worth. I enjoy coming and reading, but it does not have to be earth shatteringly significant. Just daily regular stuff.

shahrukh said...

oops. "prize"

Anonymous said...

nooooooooooo :) You know that was just teasing. Complain, complain complain, it's often funny. Chacon a son gout, as the French say. Digest the intrigues of people like me, 2 degrees of separation from you, and tell the truths which noone can tell. Tell us what pleases and inspires you. Often your political newsy writing is good competition for what is in print. (Methinks.)

Roshni said...

more vimrod too.
and reviews?
lets talk about shoes! <3

Manasi Dhanorkar said...

Its not what you write, its the way you write.. You're the person I speak to when I come back home. I can hear you talking in my head via your blog. Just keep talking, can be about anything under the sun.. If you stop blogging, it'll be like losing a friend..