January 29, 2011

Dear Crazy-Stalker-Man,

I recognize that the fault was all mine. I let you engage me in conversation on a flight from Islamabad to Quetta (of all obnoxious places). I spoke to you about your lawyer-ing, and told you about my consult-ing kind of work. I traded business cards with you, and ultimately I said goodbye to you never really intending to see you again, not realizing that you did not intend to do anything of the kind. I realize that replying to your polite email thanking me for my time on the plane journey may have constituted as leading you on. And I apologize for agreeing to the possibility of grabbing a coffee together at some point should you be in Islamabad at the same time as I.

All of that said, I don't understand what in my friendly-professional demeanor allows you to think that I would - in any way - welcome invitations to be in a relationship with you. I have no idea why - when very definitely refused - you think its appropriate to keep emailing me anyway. I don't know why you must persist in messaging me when I have informed you that I'm busy. I have no idea why you must call me when I keep telling you I'm not available to answer your phone calls. And I certainly don't understand how you can have the effrontery to send me an impertinent email demanding to know what I was busy with last night and why I kept YOU waiting and did not call you back.

You idiotic, pompous fool in how many words am I supposed to tell you that I am NOT interested in anything you have to say? How many times am I supposed to reject your call before you get a goddamn message? And how dare you turn around and assume I owe you any sort of explanations whatsoever? I don't want to have anything to do with you, that much should be clear. The 'why', unfortunately, (aside from being perfectly clear to anyone with half a brain), is none of your fucking business.

Good-bye.

13 comments:

Huma said...

Name him!

P.S: HOW do you end up meeting these people?! Oh noezz.

Xeb said...

He has a rather generic name, and even though he's obnoxiously persistent (the conversation where he demands to know what I was doing he sounds like a jealous lover rather than somebody I barely know) I will take the high road and not publish the details. That said, I'm still fuming at the NERVE of the man! *sigh*

Ps: Local travel, Humay, has long-lasting repercussions!

Huma said...

Uff what an idiot. I usually bury my nose in a book and have iPod on so they never attempt to engage me in conversation.

Anonymous said...

you should just send this to him.

Anonymous said...

Next time, be like "I killed a lawyer once, but I was acquitted based on my successful insanity defense. Now I am the owner of a thriving, woman-owned and operated janitorial services company. And by the way, didn't I meet you father on my last flight?"

Babar said...

I have a question? How old are these guys? Must be below 25, are they? Otherwise, just cant imagine how somebody could be so stupid.

shahrukh said...

I second Huma's suggestion. Take care.

Xeb said...

H: As I said, fault was mine. I must persist in having conversations with strangers on flight.

Anon: Haha, he's a lawyer. I'm afraid he'll decide to take me up on it and use it as an excuse for long embittered emails and/or sms's.

Anon2: Haha! :P

B: Dude, about 10 years older than that (give or take). It's absurd.

S: :)

Anonymous said...

I have done the same, but as you admit, you allowed it to happen, at least initially. For all of this zest, you could have met two people you DID like, and then documented it for all of us voyeurs.

Xeb said...

Anon: I often feel that my life is ultimately a study of should'ves, would'ves and could'ves. Koi nai, this too is a learning experience! :P

Anonymous said...

It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Xeb said...

Say's Machiavelli. I wonder how lucky in love 'he' was! :P

Shhhh, it's a secret said...

Well, as a matter of fact:

http://faculty.cua.edu/pennington/Machiavelli/PapersDrafts2000/TenPaper.htm