October 8, 2010

And just when you think you've dodged the bullet. Pathan 'elders' coming to see me tomorrow, yo. I wonder if I shall be made to do the whole serve-the-tea act. I don't really mind serving tea - I do it all the time, but the intent behind this whole charade is something I just can't come to terms with. I'm of half a mind to take the whole rishta-seeking jing-bang aboard our office raft, and let them float out to Rawal-dam. It occurs to me I don't really have a leg to stand on though. My family asks me, are you currently in a relationship with someone? Upon consideration I'm forced to reply in the negative. Then, they ask me, what is my the problem at looking at random-boy who works as Engineer-in-England and is reputedly very pretty. I murmur something inconsequential, but the point is, there really is not much I can do except grin and bear it. I did, however, firmly mention that I'm not used to strange rishta-things happening when I have no idea what future spouse looks like (at the very least). But I was told that customs, are customs and first I must be vetted by those in-charge before I'm allowed to converse (if it gets to that) with the son. Oh-well. It is, what it is. And I suppose there's not much I can do except put on my make-up and pick out an appropriate jora. Any suggestions, darlings?

I think, instead of stressing about this shit, I shall just go rafting. Rowing (and punting) I've discovered is very soothing exercise. When you're in the middle of the river, with a cup of tea, staring out at the sunset on the horizon surrounded by green hills and blue-blue sky somehow nothing ever feels all-that-wrong. Which is good. :)

5 comments:

Roshni said...

Don't wear red! =| ...Is this the point we say Good luck? haha..you'll be fine... rafting sounds excitign!

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Just enjoy the whole act.... You can always run away or something if u dont like the guy... You are after all an independent woman.....

Fazeel said...

Good luck with your rishta thing.Hope things work out in your way.You liked rafting? Rafting never be a good experienced for me. I was keep falling in the river:(

Anonymous said...

lol...and not just at ur post

Rabia said...

Run Forest Run! Once u get warped into the rishta-seeking tea-serving world there's no going back! Aunties with single sons are like sniffer dogs, they can smell ur singleness, hunt u down and corner u into PG meetings! but 'if u can't beat em, join em'...so u might as well go with the flow and do it on ur own terms. Wear what u want, serve what u want (or not) and if ur like me say stuff that ur mom gives u dirty glares for! lol. save the rowing for afterwards, u'll need sth to help u recover from the ordeal! enjoy!