August 11, 2010


Zindagi jaise ek radio, alag alag dhun sunati hai
kabhi happy kar de, kabhi sad banaye
kabhi senti kar de, kabhi mad banaye
Zindagi jaise ek radio, alag alag dhun sunati hai

*grin*

I'm in a cheap song mood. If it was still raining, I'd be tempted to go out and dance (and thereby ruin my professional image forever and ever). Or atleast put my head out of the window and sing. A duet, or two. About love-gone-by and love-to-come. I'd sing about love-today but I've been warned against premature emotional exuberance. Sahi hai waisay, for what good can come of fruitlessly wondering when only time-will-tell what time will tell? In the meantime I shall sing cheap indian songs. When it rains.

Except in the motherland, when it rains it floods. And when it floods people die. And cheap songs are utterly inappropriate at a time like this (when people are dying all around us). Maybe I should transition to songs about death and heartbreak? But let the reigning queen of self-imposed misery tell you, perpetual themes of death and heartbreak tend to get really old, really quickly. Plus the truth is, no-one actually listens to you when you cry. Some get really uncomfortable, pat you on the head and say there-there. If they have one handy, they hand you a tissue (or two). Or worse, there is the caring alternative where people you wish-would-run-back-into-the-hole-they-came-from, sit in front of you and demand you tell them what's wrong. As if they can wave a magic wand and fix it all. No wonder I refuse to cry in front of other people. Truth is, the public is an ass.

I'd much rather sing cheap indian songs. And laugh to my heart's content. Oh, and dance in the rain (ofcourse).

Dance with me, anyone?

6 comments:

SaJ said...

That'd explain all the static! ;)

Xeb said...

Haha, Point. :)

sb said...

You reminded me of a rather strange morning where the events of the day made me sit out in the rain and cry and curse to my hearts content. And you are right. and well the only ppl present there were too busy talking about the bitch crying on the bench to pat me on the head or hand out tissues. Nice to see the real faces of people.

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Yea absolutely wana dance too... I wana get out of my office...

Pesto Sauce said...

This guy is cheaps unlimited, sings with a nasal voice. And he is also doing movies now....argh

Arunima said...

dance anytime, xeb.anytime! :-)