August 25, 2010

So the brat is staying with me for two weeks while his mom is out of the country. Having another person, and a fifteen-year old at that, live with me is a mixed pleasure. I realize I've gotten used to coming home to my comfy apartment expecting that everything will be exactly as I left it. My house is cleaned every morning, the dishes are washed and kept away and by the time I'm ready to leave for work the bed is made, clothes are ironed and hung in the closet and everything is pretty much as it should be. Enter this little-menace and I come home to utter chaos. Both air-conditioners are turned on, the television is loud enough to wake the dead and his royal highness sprawled on my bed watching a movie. It's disconcerting, to say the least. I walk into the kitchen trying very hard not to feel like the three-bears post Goldilock's invasion to find a throng of dirty dishes in the sink (how many can one kid go through in just a few hours?!) and the remnants of whatever-he-tried-to-cook stuck on the stove. I have to jump over his clothes to go to the bathroom, and there's no space left for me on my bed given that he's diagonally stretched out across it. And just when I'm sure I can't-take-this-shit-anymore, he gets up, gives me a hug, offers to heat me some food and asks me how my day was. And just like that, all sins are forgiven.

Sigh. I'm-so-fucking-easy, honestly! :P

8 comments:

Vagabond said...

Okay, so I am following your blog to the point, I'm actually stalking/lurking/commenting, with full throttle. Creepy, much.

Again, I have a load of shit to say about the post, but before I intricately become a part of your comment thread and turn feverishly fervent in doing so, I'll go and pass the fuck out and wake up a few seconds before Iftari. Ta ta..

Tazeen said...

Hahahaha... not-so-cute cute kid! :D

Xeb said...

V: Happy Napping :)

T: Precisely! :P

kay-without a tee! said...

I second the act described by Vagabond in the first paragraph. Same story here!

Beware of that kid, is all I gotta say! You might be scrubbing his socks next!

Jenneth said...

Welcome to my world with my baby brat... all I can say is that you get used to it, when you realise he isn't going anywehere ;)

Anonymous said...

I had my lil sister stay with me for a month after 4 years of living by myself. Initially, it took some getting used to with regards to the mess that was now my house but the company part proved awesome especially at the end of the long workday. If you live by yourself in ,its not too hard to imagine the difference conversations and hugs can make! Maze lo.

heewa said...

how awesome :)))

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Oh cool... I didn't know you were so easy.. :) Wish i had one too...