August 22, 2010

It's amazing how many things we take for granted. Like food. Today is cheat day. After three (more) weeks of disgusting-diet I get to take a day off where I'm encouraged to eat-eat-eat as much as I like. The more fattening, and cholesterol inducing the khaana is, the better. I suppose the logic is to keep my body off kilter and spoil it a little before going back to the regime. After weeks of discipline, just letting go and eating-what-I-want is curiously liberating. Since sehri time (I was up till Sehri kal, so I figured I may as well indulge myself) I've consumed: chocolate cake, a cheese slice (to-get-rid-of-the-icky-taste-of-too-much-chocolate), two freshly-baked croissants, two cups of milky tea, an aloo-ka-paratha and the day is only half gone.

I slept in today, woke up at noon and went grocery shopping. It's not as fun as grocery shopping in the Amreeka used to be, not enough variety or shameless consumerism. (And to tell you the truth I quite enjoy shameless consumerism). I went out in torn blue jeans, and an old T, and it occurred to me that only in ferangi-friendly Islamabad can one actually walk out of the house looking like this and expect to return home unscathed (by virulent stares and unwelcome comments). We truly do live in a bubble in this city. But I think thats the way I like it. It may be fake, but its definitely comfortable.

All day I've been vegging around at home wasting time on the internet (stumbleupon, blogs-I've-neglected, articles I need to catch up on etc). I cleaned out my kitchen, am thinking of starting on the cupboards next. Or something. Working six day weeks means Sunday is the only chance I have to organize my life before I'm thrust into the grind again tomorrow morning. Am wondering whether to take up a dinner invitation or ignore in favor of some more solitude. Decisions-decisions. I've also been binging on good music. My computer keeps throwing gem-after-gem at me.

Life, my loves, is pretty-damn-good today :)

10 comments:

kay-without a tee! said...

Why, oh why, dont u get Saturdays off? Even the govt. lets you have the Saucy Saturdays off now!
I'd never give up my Saturdays for anything....

Xeb said...

Believe me, I've been asking myself exactly that for a while now! :(

ordered-chaos said...

What regime?works?if yes share the secret. I am sick of healthy stuff I tell ya and Counting the days to my one day of utopia which is still a whole 18 days away.....

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Good for u... :)

ps:Sorry not in the mood for big comments...

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Btw i see u have 70 followers now... U shud be happy abt tht too.. :)

Xeb said...

oc: Regime works for me. I'm not sure it works minus gym though. If you're up for it, you should join Metafitnosis. Great place, excellent workout. :)

Vagabond said...

Dont you just love how you blog about your day in three paragraphs, from the aalo keh parathas in Sehri to the 'lack of variety' in the grocery shop you went to, and still be able to attract readers? No pun intended. After all, its our undying curiousity to know about others' lives. And such posts, describing your day, are indeed a treat for Facebook-stalkers like myself : )


Like the way you write. Good show. Have a great day.

Xeb said...

V: Hehe, what can I say? I'm addictive?! :P

To tell you the truth, I'm always a little happy-surprised anyone says they read my blog. But I suppose thats what anyone who writes needs: someone to read. So it's impossible not to be happy that there is someone out there who's listening to what I say.

Thanks for taking the time out to comment though. Keep reading :)

Deepak Iyer said...

Don't worry .. it's just a passing phase.

Xeb said...

Haha, thanks Deepak. As always it's such a pleasure to have you delighting in my misery! :P