August 13, 2010

I'm sad. The kind of sadness that's pervasive and unexplainable. It wells up from deep within, and settles down in the depths of your soul. I've been distracting myself all day, first with work, then with mindless household tasks, now with the internet but nothing seems to shake me out of it. I'm sad because nothing ever seems to work out, no matter how much you may want it to. Every day is a new disaster, either personally or nationally (except you really can't tell who is the bigger wreck, the motherland or I). We were so happy two weeks ago, and then it falls apart. Like a house of cards. What were we doing dreaming-dreams anyway? Didn't we know that dreams aren't for people like us? People who've already choked down the bitter pill of reality. Or maybe we did know. But we forgot. For a while.

6 comments:

kay-tee said...

lets elope to Auckland and let the Life chase us! (random-lame thot)
Have u ever noticed that Life's such a sucker for us, it cant live without us! (loud bongi's)
What would Life do if I hadn't been there for it to play with? (random-er still)

Xeb said...

Haha! :) Thank you for ze bongis!

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Lets be sad (and in my case depressed) together...

Xeb said...

LPS: No thank you. But as always, I appreciate the offer. Enjoy your sadness.

Xeb said...

Okay that was harsh. I'm sorry! :(

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

No u were right... u shud stay away from depressed and perverted ppl like me....