August 31, 2010

I hate dreaming. If there was something I could take before bed to ensure I would sleep-like-the-dead, I'd swallow gallons of it. I hate my dreams, because they're so-fucking-happy, reality feels morbid in comparison.I hate waking up knowing that a part of me just wants to close my eyes, and just keep dreaming. What is fucked-up is that people are usually afraid of nightmares, but not I. Maybe boid is right (he usually always is, unfortunately). People like me, we're actually terrified of being happy. We're afraid that 'when' (not-if) it all goes away we'll end up worse off than before. So let's just make a career out of being miserable, atleast there is some sort of permanence in that. Kis ko chahiye transient happiness? Fuck it, I say. Let's dig up some more sorrows to celebrate shall we? Choro dreams, let's all just embrace the nightmare. Give me the blood and gore, and the monster-under-my-bed. Anything is better, than the monsters-in-my-head.

10 comments:

Deepak Iyer said...

I only have to say this in response:
Good night .. and sweet dreams [:P]

Xeb said...

Deepak, there are times when only proximity prevents me from throwing a shoe at you! :P

kay-without a tee! said...

I have been craving for the exact opposite. How come people dream dreams of all kinds at all times??? I just sleep the black-est sleep ever, always!
Wonder why my subconscious's such a dead morsel! Hmmph...

Siphon off your dreams in a Pensieve and TCS them to me!

Deepak Iyer said...

that, and the fact that your shoes are probably too expensive [:)].
But yeah, I'm happy to be making a difference and touching lives in small ways that usually go unnoticed without a single note of appreciation or a shoe.

Xeb said...

And to think you're my favorite commenter. I'm just a glutton for punishment! Seriously! :P

Deepak Iyer said...

Whoa! [:)]
Achcha can I get a small, beautiful badge that says I'm your favourite commenter?

As my token of appreciation, I shall not pick on you for 2 days ..
Make that hours.

Xeb said...

Hehe, yes, but your badge will have to say: Deepak is my favorite commenter because I'm a glutton for punishment. Okay? :P

Deepak Iyer said...

Done. Perhaps your snap at the end, so readers realize the glutton thing doesn't refer to my comments at all [:P]

I can sense a shoe coming from east...

Xeb said...

I'm picking out the one with the sharpest heel! :P

Deepak Iyer said...

Alright fine. We should call a truce ...
or atleast take it offline [:)]