August 16, 2010

Emotions are so pointless. Don't you think? Here today, gone tomorrow but in the meantime they screw with your head to a point where there's khichri where your brain should be. And not yummy khichri (the kind that soothes you when you're sick), but the yucky kind with too much water and too little taste. Frankly it's the kind of khichri that should be thrown into the dustbin while you try to rid yourself of the awful blandness by drinking multiple glasses of diet coke laced with vodka. Except at that point, whether you realize it (or not) you've thrown away whatever remained of your cerebral cortex and you're sitting there celebrating the loss of brain activity by getting high.

And that is the kind of thing emotions are likely to do to you. Is it any wonder then, my loves, that I prefer being as unemotional as possible? Someday, when I'm all grown up (behave, Deepak) and I need to find a man for myself (because women, unfortunately, just won't do) I'm going to go about it in the most unemotional way I can find. I'm going to go to the place where they sell men-to-marry, and I'm going to pick one out. I'll try him on for size, and check carefully to make sure he doesn't have any other, err, entanglements here and there. I'll see if he does anything for my skin color, and I'll ensure that he compliments my otherwise stunning ensemble. I'll push-and-pull him around a little bit to make sure he's resilient (nobody wants to purchase a product that breaks easily, too much waste of time and money). I'll look around me to see if anyone else is wearing him too (exclusivity, as we all know, is integral) and if no one else lays claim to him, and I'm satisfied that he's better than all the other options, I'll just take him home with me.

Simple solutions, are usually the most efficient. Haina?

8 comments:

janebravo said...

I'm done with all the "I-love-you" mumbo jumbo... *sigh* I'd like one such male item too, please.
Thank you very much :)

Mobeen said...

Emotions serve us well. They inform us whether our needs for love and belonging, freedom, expression and safety are satisfied or not. It is very human to be happy and loving and excited and angry and afraid and frustrated and to miss people and to hate ugliness, rejection, narrow-mindedness and oppression and bad luck.

It works to accept and appreciate your feelings.

Then find ways to change your situation so your needs are being met as well as possible.

Usually decisions taken without any emotional influence are more productive than done with emotional pressure , but this thing negates when it comes to human. We can't separate it from humans' infact a relation that doesn't have any emotional attachment is a line parallel to other one , together but no common point, be it a new selection (of relation) or proving 'RIGHT' of the existing one's.

Regards

Xeb said...

j: Will order two-to-go Sa! ;)

M: You sort-of missed my point, but I grant you yours! :P See how nice I am? *hehe*

Anonymous said...

i wish i cld buy some "men" too =( , it seem dis world is filled with real-time-idiots hhhhhhhhuh

do tell me if u will b able to find such place ..ahhhhh

Xeb said...

Anon: Haha, I will, I will.

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

I wish i could learn to be emotionless as you...

Though i pretend to be emotionless but i kinda miserably fail at it...

Xeb said...

LPS: Sarcasm somewhat eludes you. Does it not? :P

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Hey i love sarcasm.. But it might have started eluding me recently... :P