July 30, 2010

We're still reeling over the plane crash when another disaster hits. Pakistan is flooded. People are dying everywhere, KPK, Balochistan, Sindh, Punjab. My basement was completely flooded last night, my apartment is two stories above the basement, but lower ground and I'm thinking of seeking refuge on the fourth floor (in case of further disasters). A co-worker just called to tell me that Islamabad/Pindi are on high alert, the Indus has flooded. And flooded with a vengeance, there are bodies floating in the water.

I think we've truly had our fill of disasters this week. We're drowning, and not just in the literal sense. I suspect we may be beyond help right now. Prayers, on the other hand, could be very useful. Here's to the next few days. And to the bulk of us Pakistanis making it out of this alive.

5 comments:

MZ said...

I hope our country gets through this soon. We have had a lot of bad news in the past few days.

kay-tee said...

the whole countries is swimming in the literal sense, so why is lahore being fried out? they promised us a whole week of rain too *pouts*

K-T said...

the whole country* (typo)

Minerva said...

Oh man..

Stay safe...

Deepak Iyer said...

Be safe.