July 29, 2010

I heard a radio show in the recent past that invited people to own up to their 'guilty-pleasure' songs, ones that they actually like listening to, but they'd have difficulty owning up to them because they're afraid their friends will throw rocks on them. Here's my to-be-further-updated list. Be gentle :)


1. Justin Bieber in all is his infantile glory, 'Baby-Baby-Baby-Oh'




2. Speaking of Mr. Bieber, he has another song I find myself consistently humming along to. Not you understand because I 'want' to, but because I really can't help it. So sing with me, 'Cause Shorty is an Eeenie Meenie Miney Moe Lovah' ;)





3. As much as I hated the movie, I find myself humming along to the songs more often than I'd care to publicly admit. The cheapest (and consequently most humm-worthy gaana) goes something like this:




4. This one I not only sing to, I dance also! :P Hit it, 'White, white face dekhe, dil-wa beating fast, susra chance maare re... oh very, oh very, oh very happy in my heart dil dance maare re!' Genius, sheer Genius! Come dance with me...



5. Oh, and I really can't abandon this post without mention a certain rap number I adore but somehow seems to elicit very negative reactions from my more cultured friends. DJ Sammy for e.g. took great pleasure in NEVER playing this song whenever we threw a party once-upon-a-time in NY. Very short sighted of her, I must say. Without further ado, I present Ishq Bectar with 'Aye Hip Hopper, Mujhe Pyar Toh Kar'

Ps: 'Listen' to the lyrics. How can you NOT be utterly charmed? My friends have no taste. Sing with me: Meri pyar ke darya main, aik dupki lo na sarrr"

4 comments:

Ubaid said...

hahahahahahaha you'd be surprise, I love all these songs :p and have them in my cell phone :p :p

and oh I like the LOSER song from the akshay kumar movie...

Ubaid said...

okay I don't have the akshay kumar song, I just like its video ;)

The only thing which earned me back my money for this movie were its songs :p

Just another rambling mind said...

Well, nice to know you don't own up to them! LOL, 'cos seriously such songs are better off being guilty-pleasures. To tell you the truth.. Justin Beiber songs are my guilt pleasures too! Bad na? The others.. embarrassing, but at least you confessed! :)

flyinghigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.