June 23, 2010

I have discovered that the best way to quit is to go cold-turkey. Every time I deliberate on something, chances are I find a way to hang on to it. I justify to myself the pros-of-the-con, and decide it's better retain than let-go and regret. Except it's really not. And the best thing to do if you're ever in this situation of permanent dithering is to just let go, close the chapter and forget. I've become amazingly good at quitting. Quitting habits, quitting places, quitting feelings and quitting people. Perhaps it's just the way Xeb-grows-up, but it gets so much easier to stop trying, let-go and move on.

Which is ultimately a good thing. 

I think.

8 comments:

Deepak Iyer said...

Quitting is not the same as letting go, is it?

Maybe the cause of all problems is misunderstanding [:P].

Xeb said...

Except sometimes, that's precisely what quitting is: letting go of something, regardless of whether it wants to go or not.

:)

Deepak Iyer said...

Quitting, from what I get in your examples, is physical.
Letting go is psychological.

No?

Xeb said...

Haha, not for me. For me everything is psychological. Once the mind lets go, everything else is ridiculously easy. The only really difficult thing for me to control is myself.

littlemissjuicy said...

A beautiful passage that I was in need of reading. Please reply to this one- i need it, how exactly do you convince yourself to let go or "quit"?

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Yea i think so too :P

Deepak Iyer said...

I'm not convinced, or confused.
To each his own.

Xeb said...

lmj: I'm not sure. If there was a formula, I would be a happier person :P As it is, it takes some time (less, and less, as the years go by) but it just happens. I've discovered its all in the head anyway, the trick is to 'con'vince the head that this is what 'you' want. And then it happens.