- My plants are dying. It would be nice to have someone (aside from forgetful me) to water them.
- Because it would be nice to have someone tell me I'm beautiful, even when I feel like shit.
- So that I have someone (aside from blog) to whine to at night who has no choice except to listen to me.
- I like cooking. I have no one to cook for, ergo I don't cook. Marriage, we agreed would solve these problems.
- Having a permanent date to parties (and such-like) would be very convenient. Someone to go with, and someone to come home with is always a good thing.
- I need a vacation. Company would be nice.
- Remember mechanic issues? Having a husband can resolve these (this one has completely sold me on the marital institution now :P)
- A human punching bag. There have been days in the recent past when such a thing could have been very useful.
- Kids are cute. Don't you think?
- So that life doesn't feel as strangely empty anymore. Can marriage give life meaning? J seems to think it might. (So as not to appear as sentimental sap, she hastens to add that many things can give life meaning, marriage is but one of them. But damage done, Jen, damage done. :P)
June 2, 2010
F & I, over dinner at Tiramisu, put together all the reasons why I should (at this particular point) get married. I told him he was preaching to the choir here, but together we managed to put together a fairly compelling list. Then Jen - substantially - added to it too.