June 16, 2010

Dear All,

As you may be aware, it has somehow happened that I have 'not' won the blog-award in whatever-category I was nominated. Naturally, I now pronounce the whole effort senseless and a great waste of national time, resources and webspace. I also contend that the context was fixed (but naturally) and staunchly condemn corruption in the process. I hereby declare this blogger to be much-above such nonsense as glorified popularity contests and snidely comment that it is clear that the judges have appalling taste. Finally, I congratulate the current winners for making it to the top in a contest that was clearly biased. (I also wonder, at the heart-of-my-bottom, if black magic or any other supernatural entity may to be blame for this obviously unfair debacle).

And now, after having sufficiently proved my nationality, courtesy an inability to gracefully lose any contest, I'm going to retire to lick my wounds in private.

Good bye.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cant believe Tazeen's 'piece of shit' blog won in the 'humor' category...yes xeb 'humor'...i seriously want to know which dipshit considers that content humorous....fucking stupid yes but definitely not humorous.

Saif said...

Your blog is the best. Period. If other people don't think so, they lack good taste.
What do "judges" know anyway?

Don't leave, my Google Reader (read: ME, Saif) will miss you. Terribly.
Unbearably.

And despite the outpouring of hyperbole, I really do consider your blog the best I have read.

Rock on, write on, Xeb!

Anonymous said...

I'll be in ISB next week inshallah. Need anything from KHI (maybe something for you home-sweet-home)? :)

- Zahara

Xeb said...

Anon: I don't know what possessed you to become a Tazeen-troll on my blog, but kindly desist the impulse. Specially, since I think her blog is great!

S: Thank you! :) You just made my day. I think I may just come out of hiding now! :P

Z: No no, just the pleasure of your company shall be enough! :) We should meet up for dinner or something! Are you coming for the big event? Because I totally intend to be there! :)

Deepak Iyer said...

Yeah, who needs awards when we all know they are just based on facts and reality.
You go, girl!

Hmm .. big event. I'm intrigued.

Anonymous said...

Yep, coming for the big event :)

poisson said...

i love your blog the mostest!

Mars said...

hehe..i can so relate Xeb! It is as if you read my mind just moments after I found out about the photoblog award winners. Silly popularity contest! ;P

Saif said...

Xeb,
You're quite welcome!

My apologies for being absent from the blogosphere.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

you need to learn how to accept defeat, you ugly whore. the awards given were just and based on public consensus, not stalkers from your blog. get over it.

Xeb said...

Err, point noted. Now *shoo*

Majaz said...

@Anons..

What the... ?