May 19, 2010

Quick update: Apparently, there's an anti-facebook protest happening in Liberty Market, Lahore right now. One would think Lahoris would have better ways of killing the heat. One would also think they'd read the news (and go online) and see that their politicking has worked already. Facebook is no longer accessible.

I'm most upset. I see whatever remaining social life I have going down the gutter thanks to the absence of facebook from my world. How else, ask I, will I be able to stalk-the-people-I-stalk? Or be stalked by the-people-who-stalk-me? All sources of entertainment, drama and information have suddenly been snatched away from me by this adhoc ban. And our generally inept government has sprung into action like nobody's business and mere hours after the announcement there you go, facebook has disappeared. This is absurd. Now I know what people in China feel like. Cheated, and violated of their civil liberties. Also, somewhat bored.

I say we should protest. Protest against the idiots who protest against Facebook. Let's all get together and storm the CJ's house and demand our electronic liberties back! Except, with no facebook, how the hell is one supposed to organize a decent protest? :S

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

apparently facebook is slated to be banned in gulf states as well! i'm over the moon *YAY*

Anonymous said...

Oh shit i dint know it was Ijaz mamoon doing the banning!

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

My mamo just passed away and im going to lhr for the janaza.. But still after all the depressing mood .. I find ths news funny... Btw im able to open fb frm my cell phone..

Xeb said...

LPS: I'm so sorry! :(

Ubaid said...

I agree about the social life part

BUT!! I just came back from the protest :p :p lol it was fun... Today was just okay coz I was sitting in the corner watching the idiots strike while me telling them that its already banned. But yesterday one was good...

And well I told them this would happen but NO ONE LISTENS!! It was supposed to be against the drawing thingy not facebook..... Bunch of idiots...

My social virtual life and business goes to dump =/ *sigh&

Ubaid said...

P.s people had made this a social strike I mean chilling and stuff.

Ubaid said...

oh and its still opening from my mobile :s

ibteda. said...

Not getting into the religious debate, do you think it is morally correct to support a day that exists only to offend and insult someone's prophet? Let alone Islam, I think it would have been just as bad if they were targeting another religion.
I for one don't mind this ban, the whole idea was outrageous - and if the government had not banned FB the protests would have become much more violent.
Did you see the page btw? They already had 9 albums, I'm def.not a very religious person and the cartoons already uploaded made me pretty mad. I cant even imagine how much more hate would be spewed on the actual day.

Anyways, dont worry, you just have three days to survive. its a 3 day ban only.

Saira said...

Darn apparently my comment didn't go through. Darn Captcha.

I suggested use a proxy server. Google it. It'll let you access facebook.