May 20, 2010

Dear All,

If this was my last blog post (for the time being), I'd take this opportunity to thank all those who publicly (and otherwise) follow my blog. I never thought there would be anyone out there who'd care to read what I write. Particularly when it happened that the genre I chose was of the non-fictional variety. That I have so many people who keep coming back to hear what I have to say thrills me beyond belief. And your comments make my day. Honestly, even the hecklers are amusing (sometimes).

I'd also like to bid a fond farewell to the many-many blogs I follow (because it stands to reason that if I can't see my blog, I won't be able to see many of yours as well). I'm an infrequent commenter, I know, but I make it a point to read as many of your updates as I can. I love how connected following other blogs makes me feel to the rest of humanity. And if there are days when I wish some of you would be less emo (and whiny) and others a little less myopic, those moments are more than compensated for the hundreds of times something you say has made me think, made me feel, made me smile. So thank you for being there, and thank you for being part of my little virtual world.

For our esteemed government, I'd like to say 'you suck'. There is no way you can make it up to me if you take away my virtual alter-ego. And even though she did not vote for you this-time-around, Xeb is going to try her damndest to make sure she never has to vote for you again. Also, since you still have access to the internet (even though I don't) please do go through the TTD given below. It may give you some ideas on how to occupy your time with worthier causes than making my life miserable.

And for someone who probably has no idea this blog exists. Stop giving me mixed signals. This blog (and the outlet it provides) is critical towards maintaining the calm (and somewhat put together) facade I show to you. If I am denied the opportunity to scream and shout at you virtually (where you will never find out the implication of mind-fuck you dish out) I shall have no recourse except to find you, take you to the top of my building and promptly throw you off it. And then, when you're crippled and broken and frankly of no use to any other woman, guess what? I won't take you either! And you'll die a miserable, lonely, pathetic life. So do both of us a favor, make up your mind and stop contributing to my unfortunate tendency to over-think everything!

That's about it for now. And anyway, until the government does its worst (and we live in hope that it won't) this post is somewhat superfluous anyway.

Have a great day my loves :)


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

no mention of saad!!!! *Blasphemy*

Deepak Iyer said...

If this were my last comment, I'd probably point out that 'were' is more appropriate than 'was' .. or so I think.

S said...

heres what facebook has to say regarding this:
"We are very disappointed with the Pakistani courts' decision to block Facebook without warning, and suspect our users there feel the same way," Facebook said in a statement to French news agency.

"We are analyzing the situation and the legal considerations, and will take appropriate action, which may include making this content inaccessible to users in Pakistan," it said.

"we want Facebook to be a place where people can openly discuss issues and express their views, while respecting the rights and feelings of others.

I want that i love islamabad and other groups that were banned back. NOW.

Alpha Za said...

Well, odds are looking pretty good that now that they've blocked out the likes of Facebook/Youtube etc, that blogger might be next, particularly considering that they've actually banned it first. I'm just waiting for them to ban the internet as part of their Peace deal with the Taliban.

Perhaps our government prefers the idea of a Halal Facebook which has million to Anti-Semetic hate groups and debates on the most compelling hadith.

Xeb, you are a fascinating person, and if this is the last time we get to comment to each other, my only regret is that I never got to meet you in person sniff sniff :(

You have a very intriguing blog in that it, its own way is the pulse of the Urban Elite Pakistan. My Peeps.

PS: I'm sorry I made you almost laughed, one day I hope you actually LOL at one of my posts. ;)

Thoth said...

Oh lighten up drama queens y'all. It didn't go as well as i expected. Some Turkish guys hacked a site proclaiming themselves to be God's Cyberspace Wrath (Seriously) making all the serious hackers go OMG Hahaha ROFL. And they thought of it as a joke. If it weren't the case, the real hackers would've struck back some agonizing blows.
Not happening. I am majorly miffed. Skynet sounds like a daydream still. Armageddon is gonna come old school fire and brimstone babies. Not over internet.
Hence you can blog along for a while. I love it.
And secondly seriously, you're giving up bit too early though. All you need to do is to disable anonymous commenting.

dudmak said...

i've always loved ur blog xeb, honestly i connect with u on so many different levels, its hard to believe that i've never known u, when for some reason ur almost just like me :)...i've only commented once or twice all these yrs, and now i wish that i had done more...if this is goodbye, then thank u soooo much for being a wonderful person to read, may all ur dreams and wishes come true :)))

mehreenkasana said...

-sigh-

This to the popular bloggers of Pakistan. -sad toast-

kay-tee said...

im not exaggerating here, but im literally addicted to your blog. Every time I log on to the internet, I see the header on your website load, in fascination, in the hope of a new long lovely post (whiny or no-whiny). Your posts have definitely made many a days of my life! and for that, I thank u profusely.

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Oh come on... why all so sad... cheer up.... These past couple of days have already been sad and depressing for me already.... And FYI u do make my day sometimes... :)

ibteda. said...

Awww! I love reading your blog Xeb - And I marvel at your energy har rooz.
And while I haven't really had the time t update the my own blog in ages, now that I NEED to vent, I cant log in! I can see it, read it, but I CANT log in - it is weird.

uglyduckling91 said...

But. :(