May 11, 2010

The bottom of the ocean is a silly place to be. Look at all these fish flitting around like multi-colored idiots. Do they really know where they're going while they prance around? Or are they like me, in a frenzy of meaningless activity punctuated by moments when I come up for air only to go right back down to do nothing important. It seems like I'm mostly surrounded by puffer fish these days. Ugly little creatures all fluffed up with self-importance. It makes me want to take a pin and go *pop*. Except why should I disturb the universe? So much better to just sit back and eat a peach. Only thing is, how can you eat peaches when you're drowning? I wonder how it came to this? When I'm all alone in a crowd so big I get tired smiling at all of them? When it's all about deciding whether to sink or swim, all-the-while wondering if swimming is really all that important? If flailing your arms around like a grace-less dancer trying to stay afloat and keep up with a crowd of clown-fish is more important than just giving up and floating gently down into the ocean floor debris, nestling in between pretty colorful coral. And just being at peace. Maybe with a peach. It annoys me that I'm struggling to breathe. It annoys me that all these silly fish are swimming circles around me, and all I can do is watch and wonder. And wait. For something to happen.

Maybe a Tsunami.

3 comments:

kay-tee said...

I had this debate in my head a while ago and for the last 6 months, I'm trying to live the 'sink' option. Its tiresome, people tell u you are crazy, u r wasting your life. but, i dont feel like being a slave to a systematic life that someone else designed for me. who says i HAVE to work at some stupid accountancy firm after and accounts degree? who says i cant just sit back and watch tv all day? just try it out for a while....we, the fortunates, wont go hungry and roof-less if we refuse to bow down to workaholism!

Let it go for a while...write, paint, dance, sleep, think, facebook and twitter more, shop till u drop....ahhh, life as it should be!

Eeda said...

.... Love song of J.Alfred Prufrock by T.S Eliot, last few verses ...
my very favourite.

and i must say, nicely used for inspiration, and very nicely worded... id comment more on the actual content of the thing, but 5 am is hindering my ability for critical thinking.. :)

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Yea i know the feeling... It just sucks alot...