April 2, 2010

There are days, like today, when I drive through Islamabad on my way to work and feel like I’ve stepped into the pages of a picture-book. The city is almost indescribably beautiful today. I drive up and down smoothly undulating roads with tree-lined mountains (‘hills’, my friends from up north refer to them, but for this girl-from-Karachi they’re mountainous enough) on my left and riots of flowers on my right while masses of blue-grey clouds hang low on the horizon up ahead. The air smells of rain, and as I speed along (keeping an eye-out for over-efficient cops) me-really-thinks I could get used to living here.

Until the next transition at any rate.

:)

5 comments:

uglyduckling91 said...

*HIGH FIVES*
\m/

Xeb said...

:)

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Yea that day was nice..

Roshni said...

Lekin Lekin....Isloo is boring =0

Xeb said...

LPS: It was :)

R: Haha, it is and it isn't. This place (as any other) can be incredibly happening if you know the right people. I can't say that I do (know the right people) as yet, but I'm getting there! :P