April 4, 2010

Spring cleaning is oddly therapeutic.

De-cluttering simplifies things, I find. I indulge myself by wading through things I own - and people I know - assessing, evaluating and deciding whether I like it (or them) enough to keep them in my life. As piles and piles of trash accumulate, I realize that I really am living a needlessly complicated existence. And even though it's delightful - sometimes - to wade in complexity, perhaps it's that time of the year when throwing out the rubbish makes more sense than ever before. How else, I argue, can one ever make space for something new unless the old and decrepit (not to be confused with antique and valuable) are removed?

Perhaps when all of this is over, it'll be time to go shopping for more. And - as everyone knows - I really do love shopping.

:)

13 comments:

ordered-chaos said...

And are there any remotely average stores in isb?

Xeb said...

o: There are. Depends on what you want to buy. But who said shopping needs to be limited to Isb though?

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

So leave the ppl u dont like and find some new ones..... :P

Xeb said...

People I don't like, people who don't fit, people who make my life more complicated than it has to be, people who just don't belong in this phase of my life. All of those have go to go.

And yes, eventually others inevitably take their place! :P

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

:D we should meet someday when ur free..

Deepak Iyer said...

So you're going to ask some new people to make fraandship with you ?

On a serious note, this still gets you only in a cycle.

How do we know said...

for me, spring cleaning means an excuse to pick up everything that i promise to throw away but dont, living the memory again, and then putting it back again in its place. fondly and lovingly.. my spring cleaning leads to nothing being thrown :-(

Xeb said...

D: True, but it's sometimes really essential to de-clutter. Otherwise where will the space for new 'frandships' come from?

H: My mom is like that! :P She salvages a lot of the stuff I throw away too. I suppose people are like that: divided into keepers and throwers. I don't know which is worse, to throw memories away when they no longer apply or to hang on to them way longer than one should?

Deepak Iyer said...

I get your point.
My point was : You need to clean your room only if you have stuff in your room, and if you do, you're always going to have to clean it.

On a non-serious note, How dirty *are* you during winter ?

Xeb said...

I have this magpie like tendency to collect shiny-attractive things. Except all that bling bling threatens to overwhelm on occasion. When it does, it's time for it to go.

Don't you think?

Deepak Iyer said...

I hope you are talking about people here in which case I am more than willing to agree [:)].

Xeb said...

I'm talking about both things and people (and thing-like-people). Think what you will, I'm sure it all applies! :P

mehreenkasana said...

Spring cleaning for the win. Therapeutic, definitely.