April 19, 2010

Once upon a Monday Morning, I wonder why everyone around me these days persists in behaving as if their life is uniquely fucked up? They whine and moan and complain as if they were the only people who have to stay-late-at-work, who-cannot-find-a-woman (or man, depending on preferences), who have been dumped (even if it was by the scum of the earth), who are going through a quarter-mid-half life crisis, who are scared that they're going to die someday without having achieved anything meaningful with their lives, who want kids but can't figure out how to get some (literally). As much as I sympathize with all these, and other miscellaneous woes, I really wish these worthy individuals would stop posing as if they're the only people on the planet to experience these miseries. Let's face it, the only lonely individual on this planet is the universally happy one. All of us are miserable, all of us are wondering what-the-fuck-to-do with our life, all of us have fucked-up-love-lives and all of us want a lot more than we have at the moment. With all due respect to my whining friends, I wish they'd open their eyes at the multitude of miserables out there screaming 'join the club' and quit the drama now.

Life sucks. It's never going to get any better. So you may as well do everyone else a favor and stop boring us with your incessant whining. Think about it as your only great contribution to humanity. Thank you, good-bye.

10 comments:

Deepak Iyer said...

'Look who's talking'
OK, don't kill me [:D]

Xeb said...

Haha, that's precisely what I was thinking while writing this post. But a friend sent me a 'song' he'd written and composed chronicling his sad life, and this had to be said in response! :P

Deepak Iyer said...

Aww .. that's so sweet. And this is how you respond ? Tsk tsk.

(I was kinda hoping till the very last sentence that there would be an introspective twist in the post. But that would have been unxeblike, no?)

Xeb said...

Haha, all I can say is: if-you-had-heard-that-song! :P

Well, Xeb thought about it (till the very last sentence) but it would anything I could have said would have been stating-the-obvious.

And besides, there would no room for ardent critics to comment. Na? :P

Deepak Iyer said...

I still can ! Please please forward me the song. I won't mention it to anyone.

I am hardly an ardent critic; just a courteous well-wisher.

P.S. : Is this your idea of Monday morning blues :

'Well, Xeb thought about it but it would anything I could have said would have been stating-the-obvious.'

'And besides, there would no room for ardent critics to comment.'

Gaia said...

wow... join the club :P

Anonymous said...

Life was much better in LUMS! and you cannot deny this statement...i can even bet my life on it...

p said...

omg is it *that* anon again

Annie said...

so fucking true.

noone said...

lol. Xeb talking to her mirror. By the way, i disagree with some bits of the post. Some of us have pretty awesome love life. :)