March 7, 2010

Yesterday night I found myself at the sleaziest party I have ever been to in my life. People would say that with a name like 'Blackout in Dirty Vegas' (or-some-such-crap) what else could I have expected, but I was invited there by people I like and knew a lot more who were planning to be there. Which, I assumed, would indicate a 'good' crowd (of the non-sleazy variety). What none of us counted on (in hindsight) was 'our' crowd being supplemented by a whole host of creatures of various shapes and sizes (mostly male, but the assorted woman-one-cringes-away-from was also part of the par-tay). The music was good though, but potentially good moments on the dance floor were ruined by drunk people playing a ridiculously efficient game of lets-all-stamp-on-Xeb's-toes. Add to that the fact that no one who was I was with was particularly fun-to-dance-with (nice people sure, but John Travoltas in disguise they were not), so the highlight of the evening (the dancing bit) wasn't as nearly wonderful as expected. Amd frankly, nor were the people. All-in-all, it was an exercise in understanding just 'how' distasteful the nether regions of Pakistani society can be. Illuminating, most definitely, but one I'd rather not repeat again if I can help it.

5 comments:

Salman Latif said...

You seem too overwhelmingly disgusted at the instance - or so the typos in your post indicate :P

Americanising Desi said...

Ok really hard to believe kinda post!

uglyduckling91 said...

You were there?! O:

Xeb said...

S: Written in a hurry! :P I usually go back to my post and edit it, but it in this case didn't find a chance. My apologies for subjecting you to all those typos! :P

A: Err, why?

u: haha, yea. Were you?

Ayesha said...

i would have thought the couples only thingy would have kept male sleaze to a minimum... but i guess nothing was keeping out the woman sleaze :S