March 29, 2010

So, does anyone know of any good-looking accountants they can recommend to me for a potential matrimonial venture? If so, please send across relevant details.

Thank you. Good bye.

--------------

Please see below list of requirements in response to specific queries/comments:

Religion: Not particularly important to self, however the mother and the grandmother would get antsy over the non-Muslim bit. If you aim to please beyond self then please send Shia (preferably my sub-sub-sect) Muslim candidates my way. Thanks.

Gender: Most definitely male. Anything else would not work too well for the matrimonial cause. Thanks.

Location: Does not really matter. I like planes and I like traveling. Nomads are fine too. And Gypsies are kind of hot (in the grand scheme of things). (Ps: As much as I love the motherland - and in isolated moments I really do - I have no objection to a strategic passport change. In fact, not being rejected for visas at large would most definitely be a plus)

Profession: As elaborated on in response to an earlier comment: "they don't have to be accountants either. According to Uncle Raghavan (whose prophecy is now a plague) they could be financiers, or possible businessmen (of the venture capitalist kind) or even actors with a degree in accounting. Really the possibility is limitless, however dismal the probabilities may seem at present."

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

they don't have to be muslim. right?

Xeb said...

Err, the answer to that would depend on whether you talk to me or my mother (or my grandmother).

Incidentally, they don't have to be accountants either. According to Uncle Raghavan (whose prophecy is now a plague) they could be financiers, or possible businessmen (of the venture capitalist kind) or even actors with a degree in accounting. Really the possibility is limitless, however dismal the probabilities may seem at present.

Deepak Iyer said...

I know quite a few females who are accountants and good-looking.
I can send details offline.

Xeb said...

Sigh. They have to be male. Fortunately (or otherwise) that much is non-negotiable.

Deepak Iyer said...

Too late, you didn't mention that in the post. A few are on their way to meet you.

On an absolutely serious note, South Asian women stand to gain wrt matrimonial ventures if they go abroad. Statistically speaking, men far outnumber women, so you have a better chance to pick and choose abroad. Nah ?

Xeb said...

Haha, I shall make sure the rejection is as painless for them as possible! :P

Ps: Refresh page, have updated post.

Deepak Iyer said...

LALALALALA I can't hear.

Xeb said...

Predictably juvenile Deepak! :P

Deepak Iyer said...

and yet, you're the one groom-hunting at a blog [:P].
So it goes ...

Xeb said...

Haha, point! But you know what they say about desperate times right :P

Roshni said...

Is this your rishta profile? =0

Xeb said...

R: I'm not certain, but it's definitely a note that shouts 'single-and-seeking' nai? :P

Ali said...

haha, i shall save this post and use it 5 years later :P

ty, in advance.

Zahid said...

lol

I am about to begin ACCA :P

noone said...

Age?
i know some...seriously
am an accountant myself and am married to an accoutant...
so i know many 'eligible' bachelors

:)

kay-tee said...

sorry, but I happen to be a female accountant!

Xeb said...

A: You're welcome! :P

Z: Fortunately for both of us, pedophilia not my thing. Good luck with the ACCA! :)

n: Err, older than me preferably. So 28 and up is good-to-go! :P

k: Oh well. Too bad that gender is a fixed requirement! :P

Ali said...

where did that Russian post go??

Deepak Iyer said...

So you're in your late 27s ...

Xeb said...

A: Deleted by mistake! :S

D: *shush* :P

Anonymous said...

Accountant! That sure will spruce things up Xeb.

noone said...

dare i ask one more question..Why an accountant?

Xeb said...

Anon: I know man, my life is doomed.

n: haha, don't you know about the prophecy? :P Apparently I'm destined for an accountant, or so said someone (Uncle Raghavan)at a Sufi Ashram. First I decided to fight it (because who-in-the-hell wants an accountant!) but then I gave up and said chalo, accountant-toh-accountant-hi-sahi, point is: where-the-fuck-is-he? :P

Jenneth said...

Since I introduced you to uncle Raghavan (who fondly asks about you on occasion)I will help you in your search. Uncle Raghavan if I recall correctly never specified age, race or religion (being sufi to uncle R - all of the above would be inconsequential). So i suggest you broaden your search if you are relying on the prophecy and then if you must, convert him, nah :P

Thoth said...

You better be full joking here. And not half jokin half serious as the way i presume it to be.
An accountant???
OMG!!
UNCLE RAGHAVAN @ Sufi Asharm? No offense, but come on girl.

Xeb said...

Jen: Give my love to Uncle Raghavan. Then ask him to either speed up cosmic process or alter course of destiny because I'm getting kinda bored here! :P

Thoth: Don't knock it till you try it darling.Having a seance at a sufi ashram over breakfast (or was it over dinner) is an experience not to be missed! :P Ofcourse it's annoying when an accountant pops out of the woodwork straight into your destiny, but what-can-you-do?