February 10, 2010

I love how some songs are so appropriate they could have been written for me. Sometimes it's difficult to believe they haven't been. One of the things Jen & I miss most is listening to oddly-appropriate songs together and then arguing about which of our miserable lives they applied to most. And then ofcourse we'd have to out-misery each other. Strangely, Jenny usually won, but I think that's mostly because she's a whinier person! :P (*hah*, take that Jen!).

Anywho, J just sent me a song this morning so relevant to my life in the not-too-distant past that I almost fell out of my chair laughing (I kid you not, it actually happened). Were I not occupying a beautiful, isolated cabin, I would have concerned colleagues wondering if I've finally lost it thanks to deadline induced stress. Certainly the boy who came in to give me chai (what would one do without early morning chai?) gave me a it's-too-early-in-the-morning-to-be-high-lady look before he exited. Point being, I LOVE the song, thank you for the music J, darling! :D

And, while I listen to it some more and continue giggling over remembered memories of past heartbreak (and the truly-truly necessary means employed to get over it), come listen with me to my new favorite song:




5 comments:

Deepak Iyer said...

Is this the same J who was supposed to write some list about you .. something that never happened ...

Xeb said...

This is indeed the same J. I think coming up with the top-ten reasons why I be single was too much for her. She bowed down her head in defeat. I think maybe she also may have cried.

:P

Deepak Iyer said...

Yeah .. we all know how having too many options can be frustrating.

Xeb said...

*hehe*

Touche. That was a good one! :P

Anonymous said...

were u told of Fmylife's twin, www.mylifeisaverage.com (MLIA)?