January 30, 2010

It seems that a lot of you share this curiosity about the latest debacle, and most of you have probably read between the lines and figured out a lot of what may (or may not) be going on. While I would love to play emotional exhibitionist today, I'm keeping my mouth shut here for a number of reasons the least of which is I'm waiting for the last card to turn before I place my bets. I'm still struggling to withstand the maelstrom I'm standing in the middle of. I figure there will be plenty of time to absorb, analyze, reprimand and (potentially) regret once I'm safely on the other side of this mess. And also, as someone very wise once told me, my greatest strength seems to lie in 'feeling'. It's when I let myself 'think' about what I'm doing that I have a tendency to fuck-it-all-up.

That said, Deepak is not the only one who has been asking me of late exactly 'what' I've gotten myself into this time around. And although I think the cat is quite happily playing in the bag at the moment, I think it may be worth my while to address some of the random-er speculation. So, my loves, here is a list of the things I have 'not' done to rest some of your more outlandish concerns:
  • I have not come-to-my-senses and turned lesbian. As I have always maintained there have been many instances when the mind may have been willing to forsake the male of the species, the body has quite stubbornly refused to follow suit. I'm quite, quite straight, but thank you for asking! :P

  • I have not gotten engaged. Or married. And no, nothing I have done has anything to do with the earring boy.

  • I have not eloped to Aruba with a gorgeous man. I think the tone of my posts aaj kal would be significantly different was I sitting on Arubian beaches sipping Mohitos with a hot boy. In fact, in that particular position, had I been blogging at all, I'd say this would be a good time to sign up for bloggers anonymous. Don't you think?

  • I have not turned nudist. I 'have' however got myself a fabulous designer to replace (for as long as I can afford the extravagance) the annoying tailor. Life in the clothes department is quite trouble-free aaj kal! :)

  • I have not converted to Wicca. That said, it may not be a bad idea! :P
  • I have not developed a hairy-man-boob-fetish. (Ali, how could you think so low of me? Shame on you! :P)

  • And finally, I have not fallen in love with a 'Pathan' gigolo. (:P)

Tell me, are there any other speculations out there I should be denying?

5 comments:

ordered-chaos said...

you can actually afford a designer *impressive!!!!* , spill the beans and share the name so I can see if I can stretch my measly pay when I return :P

Ali said...

'Pathan' gigolo. Trust me they are 'Hot'

Ali said...

Oops! that came out wrong^^

Deepak Iyer said...

Now that you've mentioned my name, how tough was it to link to the blog [:P] !
About the speculations that you denied, most of them weren't happening anyway -- except for the hairy-man-boob-fetish. I think I can prove otherwise [:)]

And you said you'd mail it. You promised !

Deepak Iyer said...

Haha .. you took that seriously ? Nice :)