January 16, 2010


*argh*

I want to blog (because I have so much to say) but I have no time (to say it).

Right now my life feels like an episode of Alice in Wonderland. Time is bizarrely convoluted (sometimes too fast, sometimes too slow) and I forget what day of the week it is. I constantly meet very random people who grin at me from up top in a very Cheshire cat-ish manner. I've had a series of very 'soul-full' conversations (occasionally with very soul-less people) all of which mean too much, or nothing-at-all really, depending on perspective. The white rabbit and I are much alike in that we're always-late-always-late-always-late (and rather officious with it also, if you know what I mean). The March Hare, Dormouse et al are weekly guests, except I'm getting somewhat used to late night vodka shots rather than late night coffee. The irony is, coffee was Manhattan, vodka shots is Islamabad (oh well, who said life is pure in the land-of?) Work is particularly frantic (and I've been complaining rather more than I should, but whining, my loves, is so good for the soul - no?). I still feel like I'm playing a particularly deadly game of croquet.Except I can't figure out whether I'm one of the royal clan shooting those poor little creatures through the hole or I'm the one getting regularly spanked on the ass by the mallet (is that what it's called?). Truth is, I'm a bit of both really.

And now I have to run, because the Queen is on a rampage again, and if I'm not at work on time today it'll most definitely be 'off-with-my-head'. Goodbye my loves. See you on the other side.

11 comments:

Bakemono Imo said...

I totally understand what you mean. We seriously need to find the Mad-Hatter so we can relax and eat cake. Though I wouldn't mind if American McGee was the one writing the said episode.

And yes, it's a mallet.

owais said...

lols....beautifully related.

the sheikh said...

I've noticed this too by the way. I've been drinking more and more often in pakistan than i was abroad.

Xeb said...

B: Here's to cake. *cheers*

Incidentally, I OD'd on some gorgeous home-made chocolate cake kal raat, so for the time being, I'm happy. :)

o: Thanks! :)

ts: Na? I'm constantly examining why though, but it's weird how much more people (and I with them) drink in Pakistan. And Islamabad, incidentally, is worse than any other city I've lived in vis-a-vis substance intakes. Or maybe as I grow up, I get exposed to more and more things? *hmmm*

the sheikh said...

I think it's because we have less alternative forms of entertainment maybe?

Hmmm...I think a comparative study is in order. Lahore v. Islamabad.

I think we'd win.

Xeb said...

Haha, you're on. But the question is, how to design this study in a way as to measure results beyond my - and your - immediate lifestyle. For all I know, you may be the only lush in Lahore! :P

How do we know said...

aaah.. enjoy, and come back when u can..

the sheikh said...

I might be the only what now?

Xeb said...

hdwk: :)

ts: lush = drunk

the sheikh said...

Aaahh...I have never ever heard that before.


Either way, it's on. We'll just see who can do twenty shots of tequila without throwing up...

yeah...

Xeb said...

Haha, you win already. I'm a cheap drunk. A few shots of anything and I'm gone! :P But the issue is not who drinks more, it's who drinks more OFTEN. And by whom we mean a comparison between Islamabad and Lahore, not you and I.

Agreed? :P