December 23, 2009

I don't watch the news anymore. When I open my TV, it's generally to turn to either music or movie channels, although the news channels certainly promise more drama. But tragedy has never been a favorite genre. A quick look at 'DAWN' News' website illustrates my antipathy to news wonderfully. News item number 1: (yet-another) Bomb blast in Peshawar. Seventeen injured, four killed. In an exercise known as stating the obvious, this incisive article lets us know (about time someone did) that US Special forces have actually conducted multiple raids in Pakistan. Imagine that! Who would have thought it? Amazing!

*walks off muttering in disgust*

4 comments:

Desert Mystery said...

Its a giant "Theatre of the Absurd"

Xeb said...

As the great man said: 'hota hai roz roz, tamasha mere agay'

*sigh*

Ali said...

You open your tv? Hi tech! Mine only turns on. :-p

Xeb said...

A: Haha, I know. I'm too cool! :P