December 7, 2009

A friend has been plaguing me to call her for a bit, and even though I've been ridiculously demotivated with the 'lets-stay-in-touch-game', I finally called her only to get through to her mother-in-law because S is at work. I told aunty I was surprised she was sitting in Jersey (instead of Karachi) when she breaks to me the 'secret' I'm assuming S was delighting in for five whole months now. I'm convinced S will be less than thrilled once she realizes that she's been robbed of the pleasure of breaking the big news to me herself. And I'm thrilled for her (I am, I am), but this is just plain mean. In fact, It's a fucking conspiracy. Imagine: You grow up with people, indulge in all sorts of nutty adventures together, promise to be friends forever and then you innocently go away to school (err, twice) and before you know it they sneakily turn around and get married to the first bald man they meet. They then turn around and start having babies with him. And as much as I love S, and think A is a fabulous man, I'm not sure I'm ready to think of S with babies yet. It seems like just yesterday that 'we' were babies running around Karachi like we owned the place, walking on the beach dreaming-dreams never really meant to come true. Except this does seem like a bit of a dream-come-true.

An S&A baby.

*wow*

:D


6 comments:

mehreenkasana said...

Yay. Babies. They make me happy. :H

Saad said...

really? seriously? cool! congrats to her from me man! didn't she just get married tho???

Xeb said...

m: Me too :)

S: She got married almost two years ago. Time flies darling, time flies. Sigh.

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

u back?

Xeb said...

lps: Yup.

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

cool.. how was khi?