November 23, 2009



Says K.

And perhaps this is why we blog. Even though sometimes no one is listening, and other times too many people are.

I've seen a lot of bloggers demanding comments, delighting in 'followers' and glorying in the number of page hits they manage to get. And I won't deny that - upon occasion - I'm one of them. But when it's all said and done, this blog means far more to me than just an excuse to be a virtual drama-queen.

This blog verbalizes my thoughts, my fears, my aspirations, my dreams. It tells you who I am better than I could tell you myself. If you look around, it will show you 'me', with more honesty than I am capable of. And even while it talks to you, this blog talks to me too. In moments of self-doubt when I feel like I have no idea who-I-am and who-I-would-like-to-be, this blog - and the words I have spoken to it - reminds me.

It reminds me that: I am Xeb.

And 'this' is 'my' blog.

6 comments:

ibteda said...

Hmmmmm :)

OnLY OnE..! said...

:)

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Now thts dramatic...

razmer said...

You do have a way with words Xeb.

You know what I love about your blog is that you don't bring forward some great philosophy or idealogy rather you just be yourself and let the life about you give out all that is worth living and what is not, all that makes sense and all that doesn't. As a reader it somehow gives me space and hence pulls me to it everyday.

Yes this is Xeb and her blog and we as readers are grateful that you share both with us ...(well, shouldn't I be speaking only for myself :?... oh well :D)

Farhan said...

I recently went through a 4 month period in which i changed homes, switched jobs and was totally cut off from the blogosphere. When the dust settled, I had lost touch with myself. I couldn't recall my blog's URL. Then I opened it up and read my own posts, and it all came back to me. I started life where I had left off. I found myself.

Xeb said...

:)