November 23, 2009

I'm not being shallow-or-anything (okay maybe I am, but just-a-little-bit) but it truly does occur to me that people who randomly add me to facebook should take a good look at themselves before decide to do so. Not that I'm Ms. Pakistan or anything (actually, given the current 'Mizz Pakistan' perish the thought!) but that said, I do have certain standards and the current knockers at my facebook-door do not meet them. I understand that everyone has aspirations, but my grandfather once told me a story that I wish someone would tell them:

Once upon a time a beggar did something that won him the king's favor. The king, hugely grateful, said 'Tell me what I can give you to repay this act of kindness'. The beggar deliberated some then said, 'Give me fifty rupees'. The king said 'That's it? Meri auqat dekh ke mang (consider my status before you ask me for anything). The beggar then thought some more and said, 'okay, give me half your kingdom'. The king started laughing and said 'Abey ghaday (donkey)! Teri auqat dekh ke mang (consider your own status before you ask me for anything)'.

That said, I know even the vilest frandshipper has a heart and I can respect that. But as I merrily click the 'reject' button and consign this random offer of friendship to perdition I can't help but prance around singing the words sung by the great po-yet of my childhood: 'Mera dil nahin available, koi aur dar khat khata'.

Good-bye random 'frandshipper'.

*grin*

10 comments:

baykar aurat said...

awww.. crap!.. so you wont accept my frandship request?..

loved the story.
your blog makes me laugh everyday. Thanks

Gentle Giant said...

evil.... pure evil

Ali said...

becharay :(

Xeb said...

b: depends, will you send me grammatically incorrect declarations of love based on what you glean of a 1x1 picture? :P

G: What? Mua? You wound me sir. You do, you do.

A: *haha* Read the story again. Not becharay, ghaday.

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Tht reminds me... you rejected mine too....

baykar aurat said...

your face like angle. allah take tyme to make you. plis make frandship with me. i promise you i be good frand to you..

i win yourz frandship now?

OnLY OnE..! said...

try getting such requests on twitter...
I love your picture, can I please get to know you better?

*gags*

Desert Mystery said...

Can someone explain how this weird notion of "frandsheep" is mistaken for flattery?

Sounds like the acquisition of farm animals for some reason...sheep in particular.

I blame it all on Lord V, for his failure to tackle annoying sms messages that have now evolved into facebook requests.

Xeb said...

LPS: No comment~! :P

b: ys pls. i am yrz. tke me.

O: Oh well, Atleast your twitter-guy is grammatically correct. And in my (admittedly strange) world that counts for much.

DM: Sms's have merely been supplemented by annoying 'frand' requests. And sheep, darling, is the general nature of the pure populace. Ergo, fransheep. So sensible. Don't you think? :P

APOO said...

Camman! Be muh fransheep. We will be gud franship 4evr.