November 2, 2009

I hate day trips to the field. Five hours to bloody Shinkiari (district next door to Mansehra), five hours there conducting a training needs assessment, and five hours back. Fifteen hours - and two bomb blasts later - I'm finally home and incredibly tired, and achy, and in desperate need of some TLC.

Which reminds me, I have a story for you.

So once-upon-this-Saturday-night I encountered a cute boy (yes, I come upon them once in a while) mixing drinks behind the bar at 'majlis'. (To put this in perspective, I'd say bartender boy was not as cute as earring boy, but he was plenty cute nevertheless.) Anyhow, a little while later while I was spinning on the dance floor, I span right into someone who spilled massive amounts of vodka all over me (and him). I looked up to see bartender boy looking at me with a what-the-fuck-did-you-do expression on his face. Which, ofcourse was nothing to rival what I felt given that I kinda-liked the shirt I was wearing. Anyhow, after arguing whose fault it was (and because he was cute) I told him I owed him a drink, he said no, grabbed my hand, pulled me back to the floor and said, 'you owe me a dance'. Now, I must admit bartender boy was both cute AND charming (I'm a sucker for lines) however he was also completely, completely drunk. Anyhow, a number of dances later as we found ourselves heading to another party (bartender boy somehow mysteriously latched on to the group we were with) I thought it was such a pity that he was so-very drunk that I had to turn down his many offers of 'let's go my place and chill'. A friend later asked me why-the-hell I would do such a silly thing (apparently I was not the only one who noticed how cute drunk boy was), and I told her it was simple. I stopped being flattered by his interest when I realized he was so drunk he may just have no clue who he was hitting on to begin with. And as far as I'm concerned if it's just-a-woman you want, go find one. If you want 'me' then you're going to have to jump a few ropes here and there. So there you go, cute-boy turned out to be drunk-boy and my potential love-story ended before it ever began. And we all live-exactly-as-we-lived-before. The end. *sigh*

21 comments:

JDèé said...

Awww, that's sad.

Anonymous said...

XD

HAHA.

ironic. :P

-Emma W.

Anonymous said...

P.S.

In Media class, I can't SIGN IN to google. :\

hence, the anonymous posting. xD

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Waisay bhi i find it hard imagining u with a cute bartender guy.... :P

Anonymous said...

was this post written to diss saad?

Kay said...

did u ask whether that bartender boy a part time accountant?

Annie said...

I have a very strong gutt feeling that I TOTALLY know who this bartender boy was

and if by any chance it was him, Good call sista!

Xeb said...

JD: Sigh.

Emma: Irony and I are becoming fast friends now! :P

LPS: Shame on you!

K: Unfortunately, Bartender boy writes lines for a living. So smooth he was, but accountant he was not. Pity though, I think I'd rather like a smooth accountant! :P

A: You probably do. And yea, I suppose it was. But what a non-exciting call it was! :P

Desert Mystery said...

A real bartender never fails...

Mansehra!?!

Xeb said...

DM: As you so astutely point out, he was not a real bartender boy. He was mixing-drinks and getting very drunk in the process. He did find some ice for me when none seemed to exist, so in that respect he was somewhat useful! :P

Xeb said...

Ps: Shinkiari to be exact. About 30 minutes higher than Mansehra along some disgustingly bumpy, rushy roads.

sharbet said...

Sigh, you know some guys are really annoying that way. They need to get drunk to get the guts to talk to you and by the time they are drunk, they are pretty stupid and annoying as well. And that's the end of the story.

ibteda. said...

I'm going to sound soooo naive here , but would you believe that I havent EVER even SEEN anybody drunk! :D
My husband ah'ed when I asked him about this place though, so there.
Now that I have made myself sound totaly uncool i'll go check a script or somethin.

Xeb said...

s: Yup. It's very sad when that happens. Oh well, if drunk boy sober's up and come's looking, he may find a better response~! :P

i: *hehe* It's that scandalous is it. this place? I had a great time btw, no regrets! :P

ibteda. said...

lol, no he was just missing his partying days. And no I dont have ANYTHING to do with him not partying anymore.

Xeb said...

i: I'd say you should inspire him to begin again, and take you with him this time. This way you will see enough drunk people to get you very sick of them in a very short time! *hehe*

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Hey i meant tht u deserve much better :P

Annie said...

hahhahha, Xeb... its is that dude ...ahahahahhaha....

Dudeeeee.... hhahaha.. OMG!

and yeah, he was good at getting ice ... and dude even sans the alcohol he is still the same... maybe a notch ( a teeny-tiny-notch) subdued ... but still rather obnoxious and all that jazz ..

and this is me bitching on a verrry public forum. hahhaha...

Xeb said...

A: Are you sure it's the same dude? Tch. Now I feel sad that there's nothing to look forward to even if he comes to me sober! *hehe*

Ps: Heh, maybe we should carry out the rest of this conversation as Anon1 and Anon2! :P

Annie said...

hahahhaha, I know I was thinking that too ... lol ... Now I understand what The Sheikh was talking about the other day ...

Dude trust me. Like . Just. Trust. Me!

p.s How come you dont have your email anywhere? ... how? why?..

Annie said...

got it :D