November 25, 2009

Facebook, a constant delight to me, just surprised me with a whole-new-genre of random messages. A woman by the name of Sona Khan just asked me if I wanted to venture into the dark side. Essentially, she wants to know if I am lesbian. I figure, once I get over initial WTF-ness I should take this as a compliment. Given that women are notoriously difficult to please (yours truly being a stellar example) that I have found favor with one should - in theory - be somewhat flattering.

In truth, I was asked to turn my back on the male-of-the-species once-upon-a-time not too long ago. Given that my heart (yes, I used to a proud owner of one of those once) had just been dashed to tiny pieces which were - subsequently - run over by a truck (you know, as is usual treatment for hearts around the world) I can honestly say I did attempt to re-consider the straight-and-narrow. Women, it occurs to me, are so much easier to understand than men. They are also considerably easier to manage (says me) and they stink less. They don't have irrational space issues (well, not a lot of them anyway). They're caring, easy to talk to and less likely to screw with my brain in every-which way. But even though I see the wisdom in man-forsaking, I find myself both unable and unwilling to give in to the wise.

When all is said and done I conclude, my darlings, that whereas the mind - upon occasion - is willing, the body, my loves, is very very weak.

13 comments:

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

The reason i think might be that Nice guys finish last... And female-of-the-species almost majority of the time reject nice guys as a mate... They might prefer them as friends but not as mates...

Desert Mystery said...

I actually feel sympathy for your female "frandsheep" facebook requester. Considering how tough it must be to be a ;FPUA in a society like ours.

Rabia said...

First tell me whether she was good-looking or not, and then I'll comment! P

Ali said...

Every one has gay-ish tendencies.. :P

uglyduckling91 said...

Gayness ftw!!!

razmer said...

I think men are twisted and the reason is women :D

the sheikh said...

I second what Rabia says. Is she hot?

Xeb said...

LPS: Sad, but true! :P

DM: Female Pick-Up Artist, I had no idea such a thing existed. It's interesting info to have. And yes, I imagine it can be difficult, but as unfortunately no-can-do here.

R, TS: Not to me she wasn't. Even were I veering in that direction I'd not think so. But I imagine she would appeal to the men (or women) who go for the pale, painted face, Lahori aunty type (sorry Rabis! :P).

A: Nope. I can safely say that not everyone does. Although I suspect the more homophobic a person is the more likely it is that they have repressed desires in that direction.

u: Haha yea. Perish the thought! :P

r: Men have this annoying tendency to blame each and every one of their deficiencies on women. But yes, they definitely are twisted, that much cannot be denied.

Thoth said...

Umm, suit yourself. But one of the best compliments of my life was from my friend and is as follows, "Dude that gay guy is totally hitting on you."
And i looked in the direction and lo and behold, he was right.

PS: And whoever caused "it" to be smashed into tiny pieces, will be demolished himself in more ways than he could imagine. Don't worry.

ibteda. said...

I once had a more alarming suitor. She threatened to RAPE me, when I started laughing at her proposal.

Ali said...

You lucky-lucky man, Ibteda...

Annie said...

lol...nice stuff :)

OnLY OnE..! said...

Ibteda is a girl Ali...
and I think Xeb you should be flattered ;) since women are hard to please!

And then let the body win this one out.