October 7, 2009

So remember about what I said the other day about feeling invisible in a crowd full of Baloch men (which was supposed to be a good thing) as I got out of the airport? Forget-what-I-said. I have now been victim to more ogling than I ever have in any city, in any province. This is despite the fact that heeding kidnap warnings I have been swathed in a white chaadar as never-ending as Draupadi's sari from the top of my head, almost till my feet. They stare anyway. So much so that it's fine for them to turn around in a semi-circle (as they stare) to keep looking at me until I'm out of their vision entirely. It's distinctly creepy, this general attitude.

2 comments:

uglyduckling91 said...

@ps: Good luck. :)

Aneela Z said...

from head till "feed" ? that my dear is a Freudian slip if any...