October 7, 2009

I'm in a mellow-kind-of-mood. The problem with extremists - as-all-extremists-know - is that we can't maintain a balance for too long. When I'm happy, I'm very happy. I'm singing-out-loud, dancing-in-streets and generally displaying my exuberance for-all-to-see. But when I'm not happy, I'm just not. There is very little anyone, aside-from-me, can do to shake me out of my misery. And it irks me to realize that I have very little idea how I managed-this-time to fall into this despondent-kind-of-state, but I have. I don't like it here. Maybe because I have very little interaction with anyone aside from my trainees and my co-trainer both of whom I'm sick of after a full day's work. I believe Quetta is possibly one of the very few cities in Pakistan where I cannot find a friend to hang out with after work. Also, I'm virtually trapped at the Serena. Turns out, they don't recommend that I (or any other woman of a non-Baloch nature) take a rickshaw and go out in the city on my own. And most-definitely not after dark. And by the time I get home, it's dark already. And cold. It's close to winter in Quetta and the air sucks all moisture out of your skin and replaces it with dust.

I'm annoyed at the moodswing because the fastest way to shake myself out of a bad mood is good company. That, my loves, seems not to be an option in this place. After only four days here, I feel positively lonely. *sigh*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* you'll be fine..happnes to the best of us.

ibteda. said...

Aww! but you have the net. Hang out at some cool sites - Balkay go vist some idiotic Yahoo chatrooms and just have a blast making everybody look liek a fool. :)

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

hey lonely is my first name :P
Yea this week has just been bad.... and still 2 more days left... and i have a bad fluu...

razmer said...

Can that define quetta? That place always entrigued me...

Xeb said...

r: I don't understand, can what define Quetta?

razmer said...

that one cannot find company around