October 25, 2009

I knew I was over N when I was able to dig out pictures of him and I, and look at them squarely without flinching-on-the-inside. Eventually I got to the point where there was no pain, just a smile at remembered memories. That was about the time when the pictures reappeared on my softboard.

The picture-test, for me, is a fairly simple - but effective - way of judging just how raw my feelings are. Right now, I'm just looking through a friend's facebook photo album titled 'New-York' chronicling her life at I.House after I left. Picture after picture shows me familiar faces, familiar places with just one basic difference. I'm not there. I'm not just flinching, what I feel right now is more like out-and-out internal bleeding.

New York, I think it's safe to assume that I'm nowhere close to over you.

*sigh*

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

how can u leave saad out of this post!!! blasphemy i say....

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

after how much time u were able to pass the picture test?

Xeb said...

Haha, I would have thought your saad-loving mind would have figured that one out for yourself! :P

Take your pick, I left saad out of this post because:

1. He doesn't belong here, there was no reason to mention him.

2. I was afraid that if I mentioned him 'you' would swoop down like a saad-phallic cupid and run after me until I was forced to moderate my comments (a very painful task, that).

3. I never really got over saad. every time I see his pictures I break down into depression and cry copiously all the while calling him up and begging him to take me back.

Xeb said...

LPS: A while :)

Deepak Iyer said...

Umm .. 3 ?
Ouch [:)]

Nah, you know better.

Anonymous said...

LIES!!!!kindly do a 'hillary swank' and rectify the wrongs in this post by dedicating at least 3000 words to saad in ur next post.

mehreenkasana said...

... Man, you and your ex's and their advocates and then comment moderation.

Man o' man.

Xeb said...

m: Sigh. Tell me about it. Only saad can do something about this freak, I just wish he'd make a move to help me out! :P

Boid, *hint*

Saad said...

what can i say?! i agree, i deserve at least 3000 words! =P
you need to stop calling me in the middle of the night with all that whining and begging and crying. i'm a married man!

Xeb said...

Boid, I think Anon has decided we need to be together. I think you should forget everyone else and come back to me. And if you don't agree, I'm sure Anon will spend his considerable free time trying to convince you otherwise.