October 18, 2009

A hardline Islamist group in Somalia has begun publicly whipping women for wearing bras that they claim violate Islam as they are 'deceptive'.The insurgent group Al Shabaab has sent gunmen into the streets of Mogadishu to round up any women who appear to have a firm bust, residents claimed yesterday. The women are then inspected to see if the firmness is natural, or if it is the result of wearing a bra.If they are found wearing a bra, they are ordered to remove it and shake their breasts, residents said.

If the LUMS aberration from common-sense wasn't bad enough, the Somalian's have set up another bench mark in collective human stupidity. Read more about it, here.

Btw, did you know Armageddon could potentially have been tonight? Gazeodo talks about the giant-astroid-that-just-missed-Earth, here.

Also I just saw Grays Anatomy episode five and I have developed a deep, undying hatred for all the Mercy West people. I detest them and their horrible orange uniforms and condescending smirks. I hate them so much I may stop watching the show if they persist on remaining there. *bus* :(

10 comments:

Bakemono Imo said...

For the life of me, I can't figure out what that picture in your blog header is. First I thought it was a child passed out, facing away from the camera. Next it was facing towards the camera. Next it was a druggie facing towards the camera, now it looks like a girl facing towards the camera with a bad hair day. . . . I should shut up, it might just be you in that picture.

Also. Woooo Asteroids. Fun game.

Nida said...

Wow on Al Shabab...just wow. I read the article and I can't believe it. I thought the LUMS story was bad, but this is insanity.

Sonia. said...

THAT is just horrible. but i don't know how the hell you can even compare it to the lums issue. that is completely something else. I don't have a problem with women's breasts not shaking when they run becuase of wearing a proper bra but I SURE DO HAVE A PROBLEM with seeing couples making out in the I S L A M I C republic of pakistan. they can get a room for that.

ordered-chaos said...

I agree (BOLD,CAPS,RED!) about the mercy west people, throw them all out , and do it NOW!!!!

Annie said...

I thought LUMS issue was hilarious .... hahahh... doesnt matter which country it is, If I wanna kiss my guy or hold his hand... I shall be doing exactly that!

Theres a difference between being affectionate and being sexual, and i really wish people would understand that right about now.

and the Bra-issue. I just dont know what to say to that.

brok3n said...

Oh god..... I cant believe this is forreal =/ ..wtfish.
And Im with you on disliking Mercy West. Weird...I felt the same way about Lexie when she became permanent. I guess we dont like change. -shrug-

mehreenkasana said...

Nothing else will perfectly explain the expression on my face right now other than:

What the fuck?

Thank you and good bye.

Desert Mystery said...

Its says in the Al Shabaab article "My trouser was also cut up to the knee." When did Capri Pants become mandatory under Islam? I must have missed out on a memo or news bulletin somewhere.

Is Shariah law emanating from LUMS these days too? Shouldn't they stick to business and economics and other education related matters?

SAMMb said...

WHAT?? "shake thier breasts" WHATTT??

Xeb said...

B: It's not me, so feel free to critique it all you want! :) I think it's a woman, looking towards the camera with her face hidden by her hair. But I could be wrong...

N: Yup. Quite, quite bizarre.

S: I sympathize with your concerns, however once you start putting barriers to personal freedom - defining what one 'can' or 'cannot' do, in the interests of morality, ethics, religiosity etc etc there really is no end to this road. This particular case is just a single example.

o-c: :S

A: I agree.

b: We probably don't. But I don't think I ever detested Lexie as much as I hate these people! :(

m: :)

DM: One would think, but clearly LUMS has moved beyond mundane academics to other matters entirely.

S: Err, yes. That's what it says.