October 9, 2009

A friend tells me all about drones that have been sent Quetta-ward, I nod and smile. I see fighter jets swarming all over the Quetta airport, I dismiss the noise and hunt for my bag instead. A local colleague somewhat in-the-know confirms that things are going to get very-bad very-soon, I calmly sip tea and we carry on the conversation. My mom calls me up and tells me about bomb blasts in Quetta, I tell her it's okay, the Serena is safe, and I complain about my headache instead. A trainee tells me today about how hellishly loud the noise was when the bomb exploded just behind her house, and we speculate about why the local newspapers refuse to report anything whatsoever about this blast (I've been skimming through the local paper every morning for three days, not a line so far).

Right now, I walk out of my room to see the Serena lobby swarming with Army uniforms. Apparently a lot of army personnel just descended into Serena along with some unnamed 'VVIPs'. I walk back into my room to see a uniformed colonel-type-person walk into the room next to mine.

And suddenly, I'm scared.

8 comments:

OnLY OnE..! said...

Awwww
Be safe Xeb.
Though I know you won't do anything foolhardy.

Desert Mystery said...

Dont worry. The army movement is just prep work for upcoming Waziristan Operation.

Have no fear. Imminent occupation of Quetta is not on the cards yet. Obama did win the Nobel Peace Prize after all :oP

Sorry for the lame joke. Do stay safe.

dustinthesky said...

Stay safe. :)

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Dont be just one nite :)

ARandomGuy said...

Don't worry u r not going anywhere till we get married :p
Be safe!

Deepak Iyer said...

I get this sneaky feeling that someday, you're going to get married to someone called Anonymous :D

Xeb said...

D: Perhaps, but only if his first name is 'Annoying'. *hehe*

ibteda said...

I hear you. I'd be scared too. They have managed to kill 9 personnal in GHQ of all places. I cant get over the shock really, HOW could terrorist get so near the ARMY headquaters!