October 9, 2009

Okay, so what (aside from a lot of really fabulous speeches) has Obama DONE to win him the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009? Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and all that (which is more than I can say for my own President), I would have voted for him if I was Amreeki and I cried when I heard his inauguration speech too. But he's barely assumed office, he's trying (I'll grant him that) but since when was a Peace Prize awarded on the basis of pure faith that a man will deliver? In which case I deserve a Nobel Prize too for something amazing I too shall promise to bring to fruition in the next few years.

I mean, I like the guy and everything, but the Nobel Peace Prize? That's carrying this sycophantic love affair a bit too far. Seriously.

7 comments:

OnLY OnE..! said...

I agree!

S said...

Well, to be fair, he DID pick a new dog for the White House, and probably prevented outright civil war in the U.S. through his astute choice of beer... I don't know which achievement they are honoring, but I would be fine with either... :)

Desert Mystery said...

He is going to look like the biggest fool as Afghanistan drags on, as Iraq becomes shaky, as the Israeli-Palestinian process blows up, and Lord V gets overthrown by a populace short on sugar.

It would be far better if he turned down the prize until his administration accomplishes some of the goals that he spoke about in Prague, Cairo and elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

loll he won the Nobel Prize for helping the world get rid of Bush!

Saad said...

apparently they gave the literature prize to someone who's thinking of writing her first book. they're making it a trend this year.

next year's lit prize will go to a 4-yr-old who just learnt the alphabet!

Deepak Iyer said...

Someone actually bothered to look at why he might have gotten it.
http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2009/10/09/so_what_did_obama_do_to_get_the_nobel_peace_prize

Bara din, Nobel in.

ibteda. said...

Totally agreed