September 3, 2009

Yes I'm probably going to bill in another 14-hour work day. If you tell me I earn too much again I shall offer to trade jobs. I earn plenty, but I work plenty too thank-you-very-much. But more than that I'm very, very good at what I do. And I intend to get even better. So no, I can't make it to dinner tonight, and I don't get Saturdays off, and I often end up working Sundays. Yes, I'm always in meetings, and I have no idea when I'll be free. But darling, before you get too caught up in explaining to me why your mediocre lifestyle is - in fact - enviable remember this: I make twice as much as you do, and I work twice as hard as well. But when I stop working, my love, I party twice as hard also! A year from now, when I finally manage to save enough to make it to that exotic vacation I'm dreaming off, you'll still be making Saturday-night dinner plans. And that works for you, because you're content in your mediocrity. But please don't call me up and try to explain to me why you think - in your limited world view - why my priorities are all fucked up. And PLEASE don't try to tell me that I'd save more money if I spent less, instead of earning more. I think your arguments are stupid. I'm happier sans roommate. I like being extravagant. I like making money. I like pretty things. Don't impose your lifestyle on me, and I won't turn around and tell you that you lack ambition, that you're entirely too easily pleased, and that you're not-in-the-least-bit professional.

Truth is, I'm not married to my job, you're cheating on yours.

Enjoy dinner.

:)

16 comments:

heewa said...

*smooch*

mehreenkasana said...

I swear to God:

You sound like me.
I sound like you.

S said...

There's an old saying - Those who talk, dont get much done, and those who get things done, don't need to talk much... Seems like this blog is witness to the world's first multitasker... :D

Xeb said...

H: :)

M: I was born first, ergo 'you' sound like 'me' ;)

S: Hai, the sarcasm! Stop, stop I can't stand it! :P

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Oh mann.. love it... but still wat u doin this saturday?
now dont tell me ur working :P

Xeb said...

LPS: Haha, no. If all goes according to plan (which it rarely does, I admit) I shall be setting up my apartment! :)

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Need any help.?.. Im good at moving stuff :P

Bakemono Imo said...

You know, instead of writing a blog post, you should carry coins with you. Whenever anyone would tell you how to spend your money, take out a coin, aim for the head and fling. =)

When I was employed I used to wish I had a coin to do that... since my coins ended up feeding my superior makai and fries...

Hi!

moti billi said...

"Truth is, I'm not married to my job, you're cheating on yours."

BHUT BHUT ALA

Desert Mystery said...

Hilarious post! You just straight up pimp slapped whoever you were writing about! Bonus points for keeping it gangsta.

Congrats on the new apartment!

Xeb said...

LPS: Will let you know! :) Thanks for the offer!

B: Hi back! :P

M: :)

DM: To tell you the truth I was most annoyed about not being free to make it to dinner in the first place, so the proselitizing lecture was completely unwanted! :P Anyway it takes fairly little to set me off! *hehe* And many thanks!

mehreenkasana said...

We sound like each other. XD

Khizzy said...

omg...this is the post i wasnt gutsy enough to write.
:P
i wrote this instead:
http://cloudkhizzy.blogspot.com/2009/08/nobody-knows-struggles-ive-seenlol.html

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Waisay whr is ur apartment??

Majaz said...

Haha! Nice!

Annie said...

oh-me-gaawd.

hell hath no fury, like a Xeb upsetted?...