September 30, 2009


There are no instant remedies. My pain is awful and eternal.

And this, ladies & gents, was how Xeb-discovered-the-true-meaning-of-life because of a particularly nasty-flu-virus-type-thing. There are NO silver linings out there. Everything is temporary, transient and good things become awful-things in seconds. Take living alone. Having an apartment of my own has been a dream forever and ever. Now I have one. Do I live here? On-occasion. I spend a lot of time still at my aunt's place because on many days I work too-late-to-drive-all-the-way-home. And I travel. Discounting Eid, I've been fairly stationary in Ramazan (which is possibly how I managed to get hold of the damn place anyway) but my schedule is now officially insane. On Saturday I go to Mardan (amidst bomb-blasts and other assorted fun stuff) to do a needs-assessment for a bunch of industrial training centers. Sunday I run off to Quetta to pre-test a training I've been designing thus far. For those of you who don't know, nobody knows what-the-fuck is going on in Balochistan, but everyone is sure it's pretty-damn-awful. If I believed in silver linings, which I certainly don't, then I'd say that I am now in an enviable position where I can find out for myself what-the-fuck-is-going-on. Ofcourse I may not necessarily live to tell the tale. But who gives a shit, death (I-speculate) would be preferable to the burning-awful-disgusting-pain in my throat and chest right now. And to add insult to injury I-have-no-toothpaste-in-my-fucking-house. And no one to obligingly run out and get it. Or retrieve it from a hidden treasure-trove of toothpasty-type-things like mommy does.

The truth is life sucks. It's a lemon. And the deity and I have much to talk about now that I now-know the truth behind the suave schpeil. Or maybe that's why I've lost my voice (bloody-thing-not-back-yet). The deity is devious, and ergo worthy of much-much respect.

9 comments:

Annie said...

Life is a lemon..totally!

shotgunfacelift said...

Must be one bad cold for you to make three posts about it :H

Xeb said...

A: That it be.

sgfl: So my boss just called wanting to talk about one of the meetings I have to head to in a few hours. She spent 5 mins trying to understand what I was saying, then gave up, asked me to go get hold of something hot to drink and called up another colleague instead. Cold fucks with my life. I hate cold.

Ubaid said...

i agree with annie!!

shotgunfacelift said...

File a discrimination law suit.

S said...

Ever wondered if the diety is simply saying "Suck it up... It's about to get a little cloudy up in here..."?

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Having no toothpaste... things are bad... u really dont have anyone who can get a toothpaste for u.... ??

Xeb said...

S: The deity is a sneaky, complex soul. But yes, 'suck-it-up' is about the crux of most messages! :P

LPS: Sigh. Tell me about it! :(

brok3n said...

"...good things become awful ones in seconds".................. oh how true -sigh- ..