September 10, 2009

I woke up this morning grouchy and thorougly unhappy. And with good reason. Sometime during night one in my much-longed for apartment, I came to the conclusion that I'm one of those idiots who never appreciates good things until they're long gone. In this case I refer to comfortable existence in the boondocks where I didn't have to lift a little finger unless it was to pick up the phone and dial for some tea. City life, I find, means hours of backbreaking cleaning-type work, which I'll be the first to admit I'm fairly dismal at - with no tangible results. And to top it all off the annoying little tensions I never had to think of before.

This morning I woke up to a shower I couldn't figure out how to turn on, tap-water which just didn't make the seamless translation from cold to hot, and drinking water which was boiling hot and completely undrinkable (it seems my dispenser does not want to dispense the goods via the cold water whatchamacallit). The result: I reach work horrendously late because I needed to stop of at my aunt's place to wash off the grime and have a much-needed cup of tea. To top it off my car decided to protest some more by somehow disabling the gizmo that puts my window down automatically.

So, this morning, I was not the happiest bunny in the world. And predictably I call up mommy to whine, and then whine some more, which inevitably calmed me down somewhat. Enough, atleast to see the wisdom in the sms mommy sent me a little while after she spoke to me, which said:

"Destiny is simply the strength of your desires. If you cry at trouble, it grows double. If you laugh at trouble, it disappears like a bubble. Life is what we make it!"

Or so the mother says! :)


8 comments:

Annie said...

awww...

Crappy days away from momsville suck...

hopefully it got or will get better..

Mars said...

Oh wise words! Did your day lighten up any?

Ali said...

Mommys' always know how to make things better.

Btw, No sacrifice. No victory. :):)

Xeb said...

A, M: It did! :)

A: True! :)

DysfunctionaL said...

how profound.. <3

Deepak Iyer said...

Nice words.

I think the wrong person in your family is blogging [:)]

A Wandering Soul! said...

Very well said. =)

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Your mom and my mom think alike... Hope u get used to ur independence...