September 21, 2009

I just returned from boring extended family get-together number one. It occurs to me that most people my age (by which I'm referring to both men and women in their mid-twenties) are married, and many play proud parents to a bunch of tiny toddler-type-things. It would be nice were it not that my friends little kidsies make my mom turn around and look at me with melting green eyes and a look on her face that says 'I wanttttt'. And although I love mommy to bits, I'm fairly confident the child would be most unwelcome if not preceded by matrimony and therein lies the crux of the problem. Adopting a vietnamese orphan (or two) did cross my mind, but I suspect my mother would not particularly appreciate the popular Pitt-Jolie option. The pressure grows exponentially, it seems. Such a nuisance. *sigh*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love kids. specially reading stories abt all the lil kids on the blogosphere.

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Koi nai take ur time... :P
im sure ull find someone and make ur mom happy someday...

Deepak Iyer said...

To quote that line from Friends, "Just hang in there". [:)]

Ubaid said...

You can adopt me and abdullah :-DDDD