September 29, 2009

Being voice-less is bizarre. Particularly since ordinarily I'm very vocal (No surprises there, I'm sure. The brother keeps complaining I-talk-too-much. I think the brother is an ass, but I digress).

I have tried carrying a normal conversation (I-tried-the-whole-if-I-ignore-it-it'll-go-away-routine) but my voice refuses to go above a whisper (and this is when I'm actually screaming-on-the-inside). During this morning's all-important planning meeting I was forced to sit next to a colleague and pass him notes while he spoke up for me. (I now have new-found respect for the subaltern). Direct communication was mostly through hand and facial gestures.

After two cups of tea and some honey-with-lemon-in-hot-water treatment my voice finally feels like it's coming out of its strange-croaky-shell, I decide to get on with a ridiculously long list of things-I-have-to-do beginning with some phone-calls. As it turns out, my receptionist hears me try to explain who I want to talk to three-times-over and then respectfully requests I try again after a couple of hours. In the meantime, he's sending me some joshanda.

I-hate-being-sick-I-want-my-mommy-what-the-fuck-is-this! *sniff*

12 comments:

Gaia said...

awww... feel better dear!

shotgunfacelift said...

If it's that bad, I'd suggest staying in bed instead of going out on adventures to meetings and having a colleague act as a proxy communicator. Tried Antibiotics yet? A good throat chewable such as 'Maxius'?

I actually -like- your blog by the way. Shocked.

I wonder why -ALL- girls allude to being extremely talkative though? Pf.

Tajdar Khan said...

where is ur office? I can drive u home...

Annie said...

I hope this dude's a friend of yours...

Otherwise...*caarreeehppeeeeee*

shotgunfacelift said...

I'm having grave doubts that Tajdar Khan is her friend.

Xeb said...

T: I've lost my voice, not my motor skills. Thank you for your offer though.

A: He's not.

sgfl: I'd say you have good deductive skills! :P

shotgunfacelift said...

*grave doubts about Tajdar Khan being her friend.

That's what 5 hours of sleep does to you.

Ali Hasanain said...

Lost your voice?
Lost your VOICE?
Lost YOUR voice?
LOST your voice?


Aaaaahahahahahahahaha =P

Okay, that was cruel. I'm sorry. I know it sucks to have a cold. Joshanda and gargling, especially gargling, many times a day. Lots of water, and chicken corn soup. Yummmmm, now I want a cold...

Oh yes, and you absolutely MUST not speak for ten days ;)

Ali Hasanain said...

Oh yes, and honey sprinkled with pepper is a good temporary balm to a dry/aching throat.

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Hey just have some rest... and gargle and stuff...

Saad said...

if you'd suffered this ailment a few years ago, you and i would still be together and crazy anon-types wouldn't be telling you how you're missing out on life! =P

pishipotty said...

dude. no antibiotics.