August 19, 2009

I've been ordered to update my blog. Which is flattering really. Atleast I know someone(s) out there care about what I'm saying. Or maybe there are a lot of bored people out there who entertain themselves this way. For what is blogging but a written exchange between emotional exhibitionists and voyeurs? Or maybe I'm being caustic because I'm too tired to be anything else. And tired I am. I have too much to do, and not enough time to do it. I have zilch time to look up apartments (or anything else really) which is a pity because I'll never manage to establish a routine until I do. At the moment I'm swamped between work-done-but-not-documented, work-to-be-completed and work-to-come. It doesn't help that my office is in Barakaho (Islamabad's equivalent of the boondocks) and we're dependent on an internet service provider who has close connections to Lucifer. I say that because just when you need him, he conks off, only to come on again just when you're complaining about how awful it is and about how you just CANNOT work this way. What happens then is that you come off as spoiled pampered princess who must-have-all-possible-amenities-in-order-to-survive and evil-boss ticks you off. Which is annoying to say the least. Aside from the internet-tussle work is lovely, but I'm beginning to see what Batman was on about when he kept saying how with a-better-than-decent salary comes hellishly-long-working hours. Or wait, was he blathering on about power and responsibility? I forget. Maybe it'll come back to me in a deja-vu moment. Wierdly enough I'm getting constant deja-vu moments. It's beginning to creep me out a little. Not that I mind being connected to the cosmic whole, but there is a limit to everything, I say. (Dear diety, please note. thank you). I also realize I should publicly apologize to Deepak for being bitchy. I have no idea why the word 'pity' sets me off on a tangent. Maybe because so many people felt like pitying me once-upon-a-time when my life fell apart. But I shall apologize when I'm not exhausted enough to fall asleep while I type. Incidentally, I have a dinner meeting in fifteen minutes. The work-day officially ends for me at around 11:00 and begins again at 8:00am tomorrow. This is fucking-insane. I am fucking-insane. What-the-fuck-was-I-thinking?! I should just get married and have several beautiful progeny. Prospective hubby should also be swimming in money (well, wading in it at any rate) so that I can lie abed in the mornings and have chai in bed while someone else looks after beautiful progeny. And instead of saving the world one intervention at a time perhaps I can do some charity. Between trips to the beauty parlor ofcourse. Speaking of which I desperately, desperately need a manicure. Any suggestions?

13 comments:

Bakemono-Imo said...

I like reading your blog at times. But please, break it up in paragraphs. Huge paragraphs remind me of history and give me a headache.

Ubaid said...

i love your blog too... and oh yeah agree above...

and one more thing SOME OF YOUR FANS AWAIT FOR YOUR COMMENTS ON THEIR BLOG :( :( :(

Gaia said...

keep writing xeb! i'm one of the bored people you keep entertained :)

S said...

I guess if I stretch imagination enough, I guess I could pass off as a 'fan' :P

P.S.: Commiseration (Empathy, maybe? Pity even? [covers head and runs away]) as far as the working hours are concerned. Around 3 weeks every 3 months, I suffer the same fate, almost like clockwork...

P.S.: I don't await comments on my blog, I expect bright and shining publicity!!!

Annie said...

*sigh*...So many-a-times, I have pictured the exact lifestyle for me...

Beauty Parlour:

Annie's in F8, is good ( based on the assumption you live in Isb)

also I know of a beautician who takes home appointments and is really good ... let me know if you wanna check her out .. she's like a walking salon

Deepak Iyer said...

Okay this is embarrassing for me now :)

Anyway, all I can do is accept the apology, even though it wasn't needed.

Also, the word is "sorry" not "pity".

*ducks again*

Bakemono-Imo said...

Monster Potato Visiting Your Blog. :)

heewa said...

me, i just want to a leave a hug.

brok3n said...

so whatever happened to the rishta hunting?

Xeb said...

B: Will take your advice under consideration! Rants are a little difficult to paragraph though!

UB: have updated blog, next task to return to daily routine of reading other's blogs! *hehe*

G: Thank you! :) We aim to please! :D

S: Thank you. If I stretch my imagination I suppose I could be gratified! :P And yes, I shall graciously accept commisseration, empathy and even *shudder* pity re: insane working hours. And as for publicity, naturally darling, naturally! ;)

A: Thank you! :) Will definitely get in touch with you re: beautician soon-ish! :)

D: :) Semantics often poorly disguise sentiment my loves! ;)

B: Welcome to my blog monster potato! :P

h: hugs most-e appreciated! :)

b: *shh*

brok3n said...

omg... you've finalized a guy?! haha.

Xeb said...

b: *hehe* quite the opposite. For the time being I've abandoned the quest in favor of other preoccupations. Mommy dearest has done no such thing however. Matrimonial adventures continue, magar iss break ke baad :P

Bakemono-Imo said...

Arrey do what i do, Press enter after a random number of sentences. The number has to be between 1-5.

And if all else fails, appear on Shaadi Online. :P