August 27, 2009

Good day today. Lots of exciting work hitting the office cubicle that pushes aside (briefly) concerns of homelessness.

(Incidentally, re: the house-hunt. I have advised by nearest and dearest to remember that I am 'not' desperate and I have a very comfortable place to live with servants waiting on me hand-and-foot. I have also been asked to recall that my car is ready to be transported now, and it should be with me next week which means I shall be mobile soon. I have been strongly urged to count my blessings and not act like an ungrateful, infantile brat throwing-a-temper-trantrum-for-no-reason-whatsoever. Note, that all this [unsolicited] advice has been noted and is under consideration.)

Since mood has risen from black to some-obscure-shade-of-gray, let's change the topic to other things for today.

Other things such as this website recommended by Huma which has had me in fits for the past half an hour!In particular, Huma recommends a post titled 'Calendar-e-Bakstan', I second the notion completely. My more politically inclined readers (DM, this one's for you) will be as amused as I be at the words of wisdom uttered by what-seems-to-be an assortment of very interesting characters! :)

(A random aside here, because-asides-should-be-random-I-feel, I just completed an inkblot insanity test on facebook and this most-accurate-assesment-of-my-mental state informs me that: "You scored 60%. You are 40% crazy. Mostly sane, but just barely!". I be gratified. I suppose since facebook thinks I still be in the realms of sanity, there be hope for me yet. It occurs to me, however, that I should keep said FB test far-far away from my blog. Na?)

Question: Does anyone want to play Texas hold-em with me on FB? Does anyone (or anyone-you-know) play poker in Isb? If so, how can one wrangle an invitation to a poker party? Incidentally, can you tell that I'm feeling like gambling away my hard earned money? :P

Also, another shameless act of plagiarism from Huma, who-really-has-some-fabulous-stuff-shared-today, is a tiny Q&A with Mohammad Hanif (remember-him-from-our-last-list-of-favorites?) published in The Times of India. I present a tititaliting excerpt below:
Q. Numerous obits on Pakistan have been written. Is the country really about to implode, as the doomsayers suggest, or is it carrying along just fine?

A. Pakistan implodes almost on a daily basis, then gets bored with its own miseries and goes to sleep hoping to wake up just fine. That has never quite happened. Someone recently said, what do you expect from a country where the Father of the Nation (M A Jinnah) happens to be a brother to the Mother of the Nation (Fatima Jinnah). So it's a bit of a dysfunctional family but then we tell ourselves, which family isn't?
Interested? Read the whole article here.

And just to annoy Deepak a-little-bit, I present today's pointless comic, a futuristic (and cynically real) rendition of the Sesame Street we all knew and loved:


(err, you may have to click on it and open on another page to actually read what it be saying!)


And for this post's coup-de-grace I present my current favorite movie-review site courtesy the tinseltownspeople. Cleverly writted, intelligently analyzed this blog reviews good, bad and awful movies and gives recommendations I-cannot-fail-to-agree with. Must read reviews include a peice on 'Love Aaj Kal' which provides many laughs and even more nods and fervent agreements! :)

7 comments:

Ubaid said...

Love aaj kal is uffff but its best in cinema's....

Ap itna likh kr thakti nae?

I love poker game but i play on games.com and in real we usually bet things which are useless to us :p

And hey everything would become awesome for you inshallah....

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Hey good to see u in a good mood... :)

Lets play poker sometime.. im not good at it though... i think ive forgotten it too...

And tell me when u get ur car.. V'll go out ;)...

S said...

Aaah... finally a sesame street for today's troubled kiddies... http://www.indianexpress.com/news/9yearold-stabbed-to-death-by-friends/468702/

Deepak Iyer said...

Yes I be annoyed.
Now can we please get on with your FML-life ?? [:D]

Desert Mystery said...

'Calendar-e-Bakstan' is awesome...December was Supper funny :o)

Xeb said...

UB: Love Aaj Kal is entirely too cheesy! :P

LPS: Too many things have been relegated to 'when-I-get-my-car' :P

S: :(

D: Why this fascination with my FML-life? Can you not enjoy my non-FML-ed existence (transient as it is) with me? :(

DM: True! :)

Ubaid said...

jo bhi hai i loved it :p