August 22, 2009

Day-three. I thought diplomatic enclave was the answer. In short, it's not. In fact it's so not that I wonder why anyone would want to live there at all! It's back to the drawing board for me. Better news is that the domestic help (unfortunately-given-some-time-off) will return to my aunt's (currently my) house tomorrow and my life will generally get a little more organized. It's absolutely impossible, I discover, to work fourteeen hour days and still manage to clean up after oneself. It's equally difficult to live in a room that resembles a tornado-struck locality. Incidentally, other charms about Barakaho revealed themselves to me as my cousin casually told his driver to park the car towards the end of the driveway and not towards the entrance of the house. When I asked him why this particular instruction he just-as-casually informed me that if the car was parked right in front the guards couldn't see the snakes until they were entirely too close.

Err, snakes? :S


7 comments:

ordered-chaos said...

Since I may be house hunting sometime in jan , so just for info why is diplomatic enclave a no?

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Hey everything is overpriced here.. ur better off renting a portion of a house in G-11... its supposedly a little cheap...

A Wandering Soul! said...

Oh! heheh! I can understand why people get scared of snakes. =$
I killed a snake few days back in my house. =$
IT WAS SCARY!!

Xeb said...

oc: The diplomatic enclave is in G-5 about twenty minutes away from the nearest market. You need a car to get in and out and it's hell on earth for people to come visit you! Aside from ALL that the apartments that the real estate agent showed me were honestly quite shitty! sigh!

LPS: Living in G-11 is a possibility, but portions are out. My mom & brother have declared them not-secure-enough so apartments be only option for me!

AWS: Snakes! *ick*

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Yea i was thinking the same thing isloo is not safe enuff for a single woman... I hope u find a apartment soon.. but i think living wid any kind of family is the best option...

Xeb said...

LPS: Nowhere be safe enough darling. But until future-hubby comes along I be single. Living with relatives not an option, ergo... wish me luck! :P

ibteda said...

Oh but the PSO pump near Diplomatic encave sells everything from eggs to lobsters.